Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a technician friend of mine fill up my rear air pressure to 39lbs and then I check it with two of my gauges and one read 42 and the other read 40.
Does anyone have an air pressure gauge they believe in so I may go out and buy one for myself. Thanks for your input!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I would go with the one that read 40psi if your friend is positive he inflated to 39psi
Either way, a liquid filled gauge is the most accurate & expensive. Cheapest I've ever seen them is $40 Even so, if you take 5 people with 2 gauges, you would end up with 10 different readings. Any decent digital gauge is fine for what we need though.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I agree I think a pound here or there will be fine as long as you keep it at that pressure . The tire will wear but wear to that pressure and even it's wear out. I had a real nice Liquid one that you would screw on and hit a Button for the reading I wish i knew what happened to it.

I was topping mine off with Air from my Paintball Tanks I had a dual reg set up to 40psi and just hit the valve and it was done. I checked after the first few times and it was always right on. I need to get another gauge and some fittings as I used them for my Arnotts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I own this one:

Cheap and fairly accurate (I think) - at least for my purposes of trying to keep the correct tire pressure on my bikes. Perhaps not up to an engineer's required level of accuracy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts