Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Skunked 2003 VRSCA
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a local deal who stocked the ME880s and for a OEM fitments was quoted $250 without mounting. Based on a recent thread I checked at americanmototire.com and saw it was $290 shipped. :)

Dealer: +1
Stealer: 0

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
What size are you looking for? Check southwest moto tire as well. There are plenty of threads on this subject.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
I've been paying $168 for the rear and $135 for the front from a local custom bike builder that keeps the rear in stock for custom builds and he orders me the front. That is an unmounted price and he is a friend but $250 sounds kind of steep. Oh and the back is the 200.

·
Skunked 2003 VRSCA
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
al-v-rod said:
I've been paying $168 for the rear and $135 for the front from a local custom bike builder that keeps the rear in stock for custom builds and he orders me the front. That is an unmounted price and he is a friend but $250 sounds kind of steep. Oh and the back is the 200.
You quoted $303 for the 200 rear vs the stock 180 rear I'm purchasing and the $250 quote I got seems steep compared to that? :wazzup:

·
Skunked 2003 VRSCA
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gdub said:
What size are you looking for? Check southwest moto tire as well. There are plenty of threads on this subject.
That's what I've been doing! When I checked swmoto it was about 280 before shipping. I just ended up getting them from the dealer at $250.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I priced em up at AMT and for a 200 series rear and stock size front the total came to 287 bux but they want 25 to ship them so I called DK and they will price match the tires at 287 with free shipping. I'm putting the order in tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
BlueCamel said:
That's what I've been doing! When I checked swmoto it was about 280 before shipping. I just ended up getting them from the dealer at $250.

Oh. So I get it, from your attitude you are looking for a congradulations, way to go, well I don't really care what you paid for tires. I thought you where still looking thought I'd throw my 2 cents. In addition you initial statement was kind of vague. Whatever though, glad you paid $250 for tires now if you can just get them mounted for a 100 bucks a wheel this thread would be worth it.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
Gdub said:
Oh. So I get it, from your attitude you are looking for a congradulations, way to go, well I don't really care what you paid for tires. I thought you where still looking thought I'd throw my 2 cents. In addition you initial statement was kind of vague. Whatever though, glad you paid $250 for tires now if you can just get them mounted for a 100 bucks a wheel this thread would be worth it.
My local dealer charges $60 per wheel for mounting & balancing, + weights. My buddy with the No-Mar machine charges $0. That's a pretty good deal. :D

$250 for both tires sounds like a great deal to me! Of course, NC is a long way to go for tires...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Here in N. ATL I last paid $428.00 out the door, ready to roll from local cycle tire store. Could buy tires cheaper on the internet but they would charge more than the $65 total for mounting/balancing both. I don't want to screw with mounting/balancing/disposal myself...rather be riding!

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
BlueCamel said:
You quoted $303 for the 200 rear vs the stock 180 rear I'm purchasing and the $250 quote I got seems steep compared to that? :wazzup:
Sorry for the confusion , I had unmounted on the brain from your post. The prices are mounted, but like I said we are friends.

·
Skunked 2003 VRSCA
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gdub said:
Ignore the point about dealer's not always being stealers.

·
Skunked 2003 VRSCA
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
al-v-rod said:
Sorry for the confusion , I had unmounted on the brain from your post. The prices are mounted, but like I said we are friends.
This is a nice deal!

Admittedly I'm just hyper over a "simple tire change" as it'll be my first real work on the bike. Any money saved on the tires and dealer costs goes right back into picking up tools.

Gotta start somewhere.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts