Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing the Orlando HD website this morning and found this...

Look at the picture they have listed next to the description of a VRSC. A Sportster, really? It's no wonder they can't sell 'em. How will people ever know what an awesome machine it is if the dealers can't give them good information?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Actually if you do some inside research,at one point that dealer had sold more VRSC's than any other dealer.They never got recognition for this,or anything else because they sued the MoCo over mandatory building and parking lot upgrades.

It does suck they didn't fix the typo before the add was run.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
The problem with the V-Rod sales is everybody from the MoCo to the customers have their head up their traditional a$$es.

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
I think it's the sound...I mean the VR is the Hot Rod of the Harley line up but the factory exhaust sounds...well disappointing (can you say sewing machine) to say the least! I mean they could have given it a lot more of a growl to go with it's bite! :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it's the sound...I mean the VR is the Hot Rod of the Harley line up but the factory exhaust sounds...well disappointing (can you say sewing machine) to say the least! I mean they could have given it a lot more of a growl to go with it's bite! :D
True, but plenty of the other models also sound weak from the factory.

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
I find that the general public has never heard of the bike.

Everywhere I go people ask me who makes it ... when I tell them it's a HD, I always get a look of shock in return.

I don't know if it is the marketing or the fact that there are so few on the road, but it seems like the bike appeals to people that traditional would never walk into a HD dealership and this seems to be a bike that you have to see in person to really appreciate.

So if the poeple that are the real market for this bike would never consider a HD because of the traditional designs that make HD what HD is ... how do they expect to sell it with absolutely zero real marketing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts