Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchase my VRSCDX, I plan on making many additional lighting upgrades. Consequently, I will most likely upgrade the battery.

I have found threads on this forum regarding battery upgrades, but they are somewhat older. I could not find the dimensions for the stock battery installed on a VRSCDX 2012-2017. I have found other brands like Antigravity's ATX-20 with 680 cranking amps that is compatible with the V-Rod, which is 6.89 in x 3.4 in x 5.12 in. These dimensions give me an idea as to the physical dimension limitations.

The reason why I am focused on physical dimensions is that, if I can, i would like to install a larger, more powerful battery. For example, Antigravity has their ATX-30 HD with 970 cranking amps, but it is 6.5 in x 5.0 in x 6.89 in. Without knowing the physical dimensions of the area where the battery is installed, I am unable to determine whether a larger battery can fit. Although the manufacturers do provide information on "fitment," that does not necessarily mean we are limited to those items if we can make minor modifications. My reasons for wanting a larger battery is due to the plethora of electrical upgrades I intend to install, as well as the battery remaining charged for considerably longer periods without needing recharging.

If my above idea will not work, I will stick with the OEM battery and maintain a trickle charger connected to it. I just want to see if a larger battery (lithium or lead-acid) is possible. Does anyone have any insights?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would just take the air box cover off and measure it. :) Then take your measurements to batteries plus and buy the biggest that fits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts