Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Mike we moved from the server we were on to my dedicated server. The server we were on was using proprietary sql data bases that made the migration of the old data not practical for the longevity of this forum. We were located on a server that also hosted no less then 20 other sites and the speed and stability of the site and the amount of room I had on the site made me decide to make the change. I hope that everyone understands that I decided to make the move as soon as I realized that we were going to be in trouble in about 6 months at the rate that we were building data. So rather then put the move off I decided to make the move while we were still but one month old. The old forum is still up and I will leave it up for a while like an archive file. Any post that you had on that forum feel free to copy and paste on this forum.

Max

Old forum is at http://www.v-rodforum.com/phpBB1

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
mvette that avatar is great, I watched the video of the parrot on your site. We now have a double yellow head amazon and when Jeannie and I got married I had a green cheeked amazon. I need to make a video of him. He sits in the living room on top of his cage most of the time thinking of things to do to bother our three dogs. Anytime anyone calls "Big Dog" in our house all three dogs run to the front window and bark like crazy. Now the parrot does it all the time. You will be in the computor room and hear him in the living room chanting "BIG DOG, BIG DOG" and all three dogs take off barking.

Max

Attachments

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
True story.

My sister-in-law has an African Gray that she hand raised from a hatchling.

My soon to be wife and myself were at the sister-in-laws. She was at work one evening and my soon to be and I were hanging out in the living room with the soon to be step-son. Sister-in-law also had male Chow dog that did not like the bird at all. This bird was always trying to figure a way to bug the crap outa that dog.

Well, this evening we are just sitting there and the bird is cruising around the house. The dog is asleep on the floor just outside of the kitchen. We had noticed that the bird went into the kitchen. I was watching TV when all of a sudden my step-son yelled "watch-out, it has a knife!!!!". I looked up and that damn bird was flying out of the kitchen with a steak knife hanging point down from it's beak. As soon as it got over the dog, it dropped it.

Luckily the dog heard the commotion and jumped out of the way.

That steak knife stuck in the floor exactly where the dog was laying.

Now that is a bad ass bird!

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
That sh!t is Funny! I would pay to see that in person!!!

Scout
:slap2:

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
I think your bird is a legend:notworthy

Get it to do it again and get it on video. You can win big bucks with that sh!t:D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LMAO thats just to much.... If anyone owns or knows someone with parrots they know they are very smart and jokers. When I yell at our dog my Blue front always starts to laugh, or when ever I am cooking she starts to say "I am hunger" over and over until she gets a little of whatever I am cooking.

Max, I love the picture of your bird. We have 3 now two macaws and blue front that I have had since high school she is 15 years old now. We keep the Blue front and the Blue and gold out all the time but our scarlet love to get into trouble as soon as she can so I have to keep her caged :( In fact I just had to re mod the door as she learned how to get out on her own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts