Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I am new hear. I got a quick question for all u gear heads. What is the max rpm u have heard one of these revolution motors turning?

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
Welcome!
I've had mine to 9k, then the limiter kicked in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My limiter is at 9200 I am trying to find out how hard they can turn before they come apart. Mod motor numbers what is the max!!

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
VROD Destroyers run at 10k, and I believe that can be increased to near 11k.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Jeez, Any power to be made up there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My bike is pulling to hard when it hits the limiter for there not to be

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,066 Posts
My buddy has his set at 10.2 and he rides the shit out of his. Nearly 4 years no issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you happen to know what mods he had done to accomplish that

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
Just out of curiosity I wonder if anyone has ever tested this 9000 to say 10000 rpm on the track with a stock 1130cc....... any guess here if there would be a difference for the better or worse on a fairly stock engine..... personally I find my hits the limiter to early as well... to me it's still pulling hard,, question is does it pull hard enough to make up time versus shifting?....whats the word boys?

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I bounce mine off the limiter about every time I use it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was the reason for this thread every time I ride I seam to hit the limiter at least once. The bike is pulling hard all the way up. I want to see how hi it will go. With the right head and cam work might be some real hp gains up in the revs. Aney one have any idea what the right combo Minght be.

I think stock stroke and bore, CNc head work, titanium valves and retainers, dule rate springs, 58 mm tb , not sure on the cams just yet

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,066 Posts
Anything you do to a stock engine will make it pull thru the rpms better. Cams and some head work along with a decent exh. wakes them up. SE stage II cams are the best bang for the buck right now and are showing good #'s as well.
Hit Ohiovrod up, he builds engines and sells engine parts. He built my 1302 for me and does A+ work. Check out his group buys in the classifieds.
Installing a 26T pulley is a inexpensive way to give your bike a new feel. Like many others, I found this site responsible of spending alot of my $.

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Anything you do to a stock engine will make it pull thru the rpms better. Cams and some head work along with a decent exh. wakes them up. SE stage II cams are the best bang for the buck right now and are showing good #'s as well.
Hit Ohiovrod up, he builds engines and sells engine parts. He built my 1302 for me and does A+ work. Check out his group buys in the classifieds.
Installing a 26T pulley is a inexpensive way to give your bike a new feel. Like many others, I found this site responsible of spending alot of my $.
I would like to know if this kind of work (cams, head work, etc) makes a noticeable difference in a CVO motor??? I'm looking for speed and "feeling" improvements, not so much big ego-HP numbers, even though I know that is one of the ways to measure the performance and/or improvements done, but the drag-strip guys can enlighten us a little bit here. For example, it has to suck bid time that maybe you gain at the dyno 20HP after spending a couple $1,000's, and when you test on the track it improves 5 mph and 0.02 seconds, LOL!:broke::banghead::chainsaw:

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
Hi guys I am new hear. I got a quick question for all u gear heads. What is the max rpm u have heard one of these revolution motors turning?
Mine is set at 9200 as well and pulls hard all the way thru that range. I wanted the raise it to 9500 but the HD dyno tech didn't like the idea and I didn't push the issue. Next dyno session I will request that higher rpm because I believe it will make more power to that limit and have no problem doing it. Plus I'm sick of bouncing of the rev limiter. :D

·
Fitzy - 1302
1,066 Posts
I would like to know if this kind of work (cams, head work, etc) makes a noticeable difference in a CVO motor??? I'm looking for speed and "feeling" improvements, not so much big ego-HP numbers, even though I know that is one of the ways to measure the performance and/or improvements done, but the drag-strip guys can enlighten us a little bit here. For example, it has to suck bid time that maybe you gain at the dyno 20HP after spending a couple $1,000's, and when you test on the track it improves 5 mph and 0.02 seconds, LOL!:broke::banghead::chainsaw:

Your heads are like the newer 1250cc engines, they flow well and of coarse you can do more to them. Stage II cams and exhaust is a good start for you....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts