Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
oldfox said:
Max and Smoothrod:

I am getting the pully to slide over the flanges. What is confusing me is that in taking off the stock pully, you first loosen the bolts, spin the pully to align with the flanges and then pull it off. So, in putting the new one on, I would think to align the pully with the flanges, slip it over the flanges, and then spin it to align with the holes to bolt on.

However, with the new pully I can only get it over the flanges, but not enough to clear the flanges and spin it to align with the holes for bolting. Maybe this new one does not need to be bolted.

I am making some progress, so please do't give up on me

CW

THe new pulley goes on exactly like the old one came off. You align the three ears with the open area of the pulley, push it on until it clears the three bolt areas and then twist it into place and then bolt it down.

Maybe these pictures will help. The pulley is an exact fit, holding it perfectly parallel is imperative. If you get it cocked any at all it will bind and won't go on. After you get it forward enough to touch the hub flange then keeping it even so it will spin is easy because the hub holds it parallel at that point.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Max:

I got it to work and it is installed. Your pictures, along with your patience really helped out. You are a great moderator. Thanks so much.

Smoothrod, the sandpaper and grease really aided. Much appreciation

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
oldfox said:
Max:

I got it to work and it is installed. Your pictures, along with your patience really helped out. You are a great moderator. Thanks so much.

Smoothrod, the sandpaper and grease really aided. Much appreciation

Glad its on there foxy, some project are just an up hill battle.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Heh Smoothrod:

Just maybe, I mean maybe, I will get this puppy on the road and ride for once after 2 years. My goal is to be on the roads by next Saturday. Can you believe it. Thanks a hell of a lot man. You don't know how you and Max's advice really helped a brother out

C

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
oldfox said:
Heh Smoothrod:

Just maybe, I mean maybe, I will get this puppy on the road and ride for once after 2 years. My goal is to be on the roads by next Saturday. Can you believe it. Thanks a hell of a lot man. You don't know how you and Max's advice really helped a brother out

C
Great to hear man I hope your able to ride very soon. I cant tell you how ****ing frustrated I was when Max helped me out with the info I need to get Kev's CFR swing-arm on. I'm just passing on knowledge that he gave me when I needed it most. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Put the Hogpro pulley on in a couple of seconds. It went on very easy.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts