Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
fire up !
700 Posts
vmaxer12 said:
just ordered a metz 260 for the rear and wondered if any body had any problems keeping the standard front dunlop, as you hear lots of different veiws on mis matching makes of tyres
:notworth:
nope, no probs here (stock Dunlop front/280 Metz rear), would like to have a front Metz also but they don't have it in 19"
grtz

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
There is nothing wrong with different brands...mot people change to ease their mind

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just for clarification,

Are you guys saying a 260 Rear tire (replacing the stock 240) fits the OEM rim without any other mods?

But if you want bigger than 260 then you need a new/bigger Rim, right?

I already have noticed that small pebbles and rocks can be picked up and scraped under the front/rear fender until they're spit out in the back... you guys noticed this too? Is this increased with a bigger tire? Or is the bigger tire only increased in width?

·
Back in Black
212 Posts

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts
Man, take it from me, I did the 260 Metz on the rear after picking up a nail. I was told that there would be no differance keeping the Dunflop on the front. Let me tell you and listen, change both tires now. The Dunflop is C.R.A.P. Save yourself some trouble and do both in the Metz.

·
Wore Out Woodworker
1,620 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts