Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
MasterTune MT7 file for 08 AW

Attached is the latest .MT7 file I"m using on my '08 AW. I have the stock air filter with V-Mod SE SlipFit pipes. It runs reasonably cool and returns better than 38 mpg.

Attachments

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Here's the file I got with my dyno tune. It is an MT6 file, as the TTS vendor stated to me that the V-Tune files for the 08s were not yet available (at least to him). I'm not really sure what I'm missing without V-Tune, but he's told me I can come back once he has the updates.

Great power. It feels like a new motorcycle and much more spirited acceleration. Removed all previous decel popping, although I think he may have added a little too much fuel at very low RPMs as I have had two loud backfires in that regime in 300 miles. Increased Rev Limiter to 9300 RPM.

'08 VRSCAWA
"Wicked Powerline" Exhaust Mod
Semi-topless
V-MOD II exhaust

Dyno sheets also attached

View attachment Dyno Scans - JDs Cycle Works - Powerline Mod.pdf
View attachment 176ZL001-A1-001-Powerline VMod II SE Semitopless.MT6

·
Registered
119 Posts
The V-rod .MT7 are not finished up yet. I hope to have them finished in a few weeks. I have taken what you members have asked for and I'm in the process of building the calibrations for them and testing them. Once I've finished I will post it here.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
Thanks Steve.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
1250/O2/SE2 Cams/58mm TBs/SE Filter/Powerline Exhaust

I finally found some time to bring in the latest MT7 file. Here's the configuration:

'08 VRSCAWA 1250CC with O2 Sensors
Semi-topless, with SE2 CAM mods to lower airbox
SE2 Cams
58mm Fitzgerald Motorsports throttle bodies
58mm bored stock velocity stacks
SE Air Filter
Powerline Exhaust with V-MOD II can.

Runs like a scalded dog with 125HP and 83TQ

Attachments

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
That looks good. It is good to see someone posting something up, using the stage 2 cams.
I was wondering if anyone could give me any hints on tweaking this to work on my bike. I have a 08 dx. 1250, w/stage 2 cams. kept the standard velocity stacks, indy outlaw pipe. and obviously using the tts mastertuner.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
That looks good. It is good to see someone posting something up, using the stage 2 cams.
I was wondering if anyone could give me any hints on tweaking this to work on my bike. I have a 08 dx. 1250, w/stage 2 cams. kept the standard velocity stacks, indy outlaw pipe. and obviously using the tts mastertuner.
Not sure, but I think flow wise the Indy pipe might need a little more fuel, watch the AFRs on the dyno and that will tell the tale. I would think this is a halfway decent starting point though.

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
View attachment 07VRSCX1250STAGEIICAMS.MT7

2hrs of dyno time, I used Jaben2's maps as a base.
We vtuned it on the dyno

keep in mind that we run pure gas over here
I used a tank of 98 octane

1250 cc VRSCX
Bub 7's 2 to 1's
Heads ported and polished with 1mm oversized valves(Vance n' Hines)
Stage II Cams
Topless with 2 KN filters

New rear Avon Cobra inflated to 40lbs ( They say it matters)

I will post the dyno run next week 130hp, 88 lbs torque
pulls like a mule to 9300rpm, where we set the rpm limit, The operator said it will pull strong till 10000rpm

ScreenHunter_02 May. 27 19.33.gif

ScreenHunter_01 May. 27 19.30.jpg

ScreenHunter_04 May. 27 19.34.gif

·
Registered
45 Posts
1250cc, Cyclops Exhaust

2006 VRSCSE2, 1250cc, with O2 sensors (map can be used on later model bikes with or without O2 sensors)

Topless

Exotic Choppers Cyclops Slip-On

Done on a dyno by a pro

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
1130cc, V&H 2-1 Comp, motohooligan airbox?

Does anyone have a good base .MT7 or .MT8 that would work for my 05 B (1130cc) with V&H 2-1 Comp (without o2 sensors) and a Motohooligan airbox? I am getting it dyno-tuned in 2 days and need to remove my Dobeck beforehand.

Thanks,

-Gumbysbuff

·
Fah q 2
2,690 Posts
The dyno sheets from the Datamaster tune,
132.5 hp/88lbs. torque
numbers dont mean shit.. btw
runs great

Green line is base run, very bad, the red is where vtune got us
ScreenHunter_01 Jun. 06 12.57.jpg

ScreenHunter_03 Jun. 06 12.58.jpg

ScreenHunter_04 Jun. 06 12.59.gif

·
Muscle Man
868 Posts
8 hour dyno session MAP from highly recommended tuner

Steve Cole and Doc of Doc's Performance recommended this shop and Heath to tune my bike. I am very happy w/the results.
'11 VRSC-F Muscle/Vance & Hines dual comp slipons/Amsoil AF/Topless...120 HP / 84 TQ STD smoothing

Attachments

·
Registered
507 Posts
Here is my setup from the dyno. Take a look and let me know. I haven't really rode it much yet. I am not sure on the numbers. It shows. 120.59 hp and 82.79 tq. With the 26 tooth pulley.
Does anyone know if this will work as a base for an 1130cc /w/ Stage 2 cams, V&H 2-1 Comp, and a motohooligan airbox? It only needs to work for a week until it hits the dyno-tune. }:)

Thx

·
Nuori mies nimetön
79 Posts
Attached is a map for VRSCF with following setup:
- TAB slipons with 2" baffles
- Screaming Eagle air filter
- topless

Map was developed using gasoline with 5% of ethanol in it and octane rating 98RON (98E5).

Pulls very good, no popping.

This is an adaptation of avman's map(11 VRSC-F Muscle/Vance & Hines dual comp slipons/Amsoil AF/Topless) and got me about 1-3hp gain across the range comparing to avman's map.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
2013 VRSCF tabs slip-ons and K&N filter

this is FLGS06's bike out in florida, I spoke with his dyno tuner and he shared the Mt7 file.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts