Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searched and looks like the brake is 11/16 but I found no info on the clutch, anyone able to help. also fluid cap for the reservoirs would help. tia...

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
clutch is the same and if I understand it correctly you need a res cover for which year master cylinders?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I abbreviated, lol. I meant capacities for each reservoir. Also what is the diff betwen a radial master cylinder and regular? which one will i need? Thanks for the help!

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
I'm not sure the capacities I'm not sure if that is documented any where I just fill them up there is a fill line.

There is a big difference between a radial and regular master. If your stock strait bore master is 11/16 you will need a larger bore radial as it does not move as much fluid as a strait bore. If you utilize a radial for your clutch you need at least 19mm radial to move the the slave cylinder. I am a brembo dealer and have the RCS systems on my v-rod thats so take my word for it a 15mm radial will not move the slave enough.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good info. Looks like a 19x18 radial would be perfect. The rcs system is definatly sick. I'm looking at some nissin standard masters to keep costs down. Masters,levers,res,brackets in black for $300. Can't beat that. Any tips you might have on adapting a "sport bike" setup to a vrod? Thanks for all your help so far!

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
Here is my set up

are you going to run 7/8" bars? Here is what my set up looks like.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 7/8 woodcraft clipons with tapered bars so I could use the stock hd controls. I'm going to nix the tapered setup and run straight 7/8 bars, controls and grips. In the future I'd like to use a clip on setup with the bars integrated so it's more of a two piece setup rather than a three piece. Your setup is top notch. What did you use for lines?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts