Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow darksiders. Would someone have handy the H-D part numbers for the brake and clutch cap gaskets so I dont get the wrong ones ordered? Maybe a good online source as well?
Got some new caps coming and plan on some touch up on the masters and will go ahead and switch out gaskets at the same time.
2008 model. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Hello fellow darksiders. Would someone have handy the H-D part numbers for the brake and clutch cap gaskets so I dont get the wrong ones ordered? Maybe a good online source as well?
Got some new caps coming and plan on some touch up on the masters and will go ahead and switch out gaskets at the same time.
2008 model. Thanks!
Brake - GASKET, cover Part no. 42857-06B

Clutch - GASKET COVER Part no. 46322-06

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Great thank you. Dennis Kirk has them for 4 bucks each.
Probably made by Drag. I found them to be total shit. Very poor die cuts and questionable sealing ability around the screw bosses. Bought a pack of 5 and tossed them in the trash. Went back to OEM.
Ron

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
If you have the new style brake cover which came out mid 13 then the
42857-06B is correct and it's the current one you can buy at the dealer. If you have the older style cover, or can find NOS, it will use the 42857-06A . Personally, I found the B sucks and went back to the A and it's lid. Bought a bunch of ebay spare gaskets. Clutch gasket is 46322-06 as mentioned. Believe it or not, in 17, they changed the clutch master on the touring line and again went back to the , what use to be the older brake side gasket, now used on the clutch, with a newer lid of course. Hard to keep up with MoCo antics.
Ron

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Drag Specialties and they are aftermarket caps so Ill see how it goes haaaa!
Also I was going to try Rustoleum appliance epoxy black paint. What do you think of that for painting the masters?

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Yes Drag Specialties and they are aftermarket caps so Ill see how it goes haaaa!
Also I was going to try Rustoleum appliance epoxy black paint. What do you think of that for painting the masters?
Can't say for sure. Epoxy should be better then average but not all epoxy paints are created equal. I do know JB Weld is Dot4 resistant from testing it on a project, so I think it would need to be a cross linked epoxy for best results. If just a rattle can single part product , probably won't stand up. What's weird is my covers are PC from the factory, inside and out and no evidence of peeling. Not sure what the masters have on them. I'm sure the brake side is PC as it's done inside also. Clutch side is bare aluminum inside so suspect that master isn't PC but some cheap ass paint. This is on a 13DX. Clutch and master cyls up to 2017 v rod excluded on the 17s were made by different suppliers. Past that, they are from the same supplier, Brembo, I think.
Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts