Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
JeffC 1/2 to 300mph!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had said in a thread that was getting rather long, when someone asked about this product, that I used it to keep my fuel gauge working.
I use it every so often or if my gauge acts up- I put it in and soon the gauge works fine.

Another member pretty much called any of us who have used it -hmmm- idiots maybe? I really don't know about the claims for a better running motor, better gas mileage etc. I did say it worked for the gas gauge, simply put, it cleans the crud off.

Here's a picture of a set of old VW heads that I had sitting around. On the left half I poured some Marvel on it (some spilled over on the other side too).
Then I wiped both sides off with a rag. There is some really old built up carbon on these and as you can see it did a lot by just pouring some on it.

Now this isn't any scientific test and take it for whatever it is worth. I just found that it works to keep my gas gauge functioning and no- it's not all in my head and just a happy coincidence that the gauge begins to work after putting it in.
Use whatever product you find that does work and does'nt harm anything else. If it makes some fantastic claims, take it as creative marketing license.
I know there are many products that will remove crud, just be careful with them. I only tried MMO because a friend almost made me try it- I didn't feel any difference in how the motor ran or saw any increase in gas mileage (not that I pay that close of attention to mileage) but, I did see my fuel gauge start working. That is all.
Now will you people stop getting so testy!?:bat

Attachments

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
Just don't put "Guaranteed 2 Pass" in any internal combusion engine you plan on keeping. It removes ALL the lubricant from all the valves. Not pretty. As for MMO, I use it when I need to. Maybe I'll try it in the pickup and see if it makes gas guages work again. My hasn't worked in a couple of years.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I was just getting ready to pull my fuel gauge sender out to clean the sensor strip for the third time and figured I would try this and it worked on the first tank Saved me alot of time and effort

1 - 3 of 3 Posts