Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, what have you all been seeing R's go for? From what I can tell, they go for like $7-8K right now but most have more mileage than this one (one owner with 90 something miles on it). Is that what you all are seeing? Thanks guys!

Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I asked about my "R" in December 2010.
The Augusta,GA HD dealership told me that they use a "Black Book" .
The trade in value is $3-$4K, they did not give me a retail value, but I think it should be around $7-$8K.

If you wish to sell it, my advice is try to find a independent buyer.

I am going to put Works rear shocks and Traxxion AK-20 Font Cartridges on and drive it until it or I fall apart, just waiting on money at this time.
Of course next month I will be 71 so it may outlast me.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I bought a squeaky clean R in Oct. 2010 in an open market sale for $7200.00. The seller was a forum member here but I did not know him. Mileage was 6300. Extras with it were the soft bags,H-D windshield,new rear skin and all updates done,like the clunk. I tracked R's for awhile and Low miles bikes were going between $6500 - $7500.

Your low mileage should command a small premium but gut feeling is 8K is the ceiling on these things these days. Best luck!

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Hey guys, what have you all been seeing R's go for? From what I can tell, they go for like $7-8K right now but most have more mileage than this one (one owner with 90 something miles on it). Is that what you all are seeing? Thanks guys!

Tim
According to Lux, R's have got the highest resale of all the V-Rods. Especially the yellow ones.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts

Tim
Just curious if anything gave you trouble in those 90K miles other than the usual steering head clunk, fuel guage and warped brake rotors? Did any valves go out of adjustment in that time? Did anything expensive fail? Is the drive belt and pulleys still serviceable?

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
90 miles dude. 9 0. He rode it across town and back once in 5 years.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just bought a blue 2006 with less that 1000 miles for $7300 at a dealer in the Chicago area. The bike is in absolutely flawless condition, and is 100% original. Not a bad deal in my book.

·
Free At Last
212 Posts
Buying a "R" at the current prices may be the best deal in motorcycles. I paid full price when they first introduced this bike, you could say I lost a lot to depreciation, but you could also say my cost per year for a fun fast bike is reasonable, at a bit less than $2k plus fuel. And a buyer at today's prices gets a better value, assuming the bike is in decent shape. Technical, my bike is for sale, advertised on Craigslist and here. I bought a two seater convertible last spring that suits me better at this time, and I've got a dual sport bike too, but if I keep my "R" another season, well, it's not a problem, and I don't expect the depreciation to be that much more than it already is, and I can always take it out for a ride when the mood strikes. Insurance, plates, and required "safety inspection" stickers are under $350. Rent one for a single weekend, and you have that much of an outlay.

Buyers should think about acting early before spring is here, sellers might as well look forward to another years worth of riding enjoyment with minimal outlay, if it doesn't sell for a reasonable amount. Win-win, huh?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
I bought mine in Feb 06 and paid 17k. I cant belive the deals that are out there now.
If I didnt have a couple of bikes now I'd buy another R.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts