4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turbo installed and running pcv
Where do I put the 2nd map sensor ?
Anyone done this before

·
Registered
834 Posts
I did before. It had to be tied into the plenum pressure. Pain in the arse to tune. I switched to a different tuner and run just a 2 bar in stock location. Plenum pressure is not a true indication of what the actual engine intake pressure is.

Reactions: mukle

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
This is stock location (almost) drop fit 3bar map for the boosted applications. I like to use stock location just for the reason JJrod mentioned above.

3bar map sensor

One has failed for me but other one has been reliable so far. Price is reasonable to have few spares at the shelf.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I run 2 map sensors in stock location. I have a supercharged '15 muscle with it limited to 6psi. Also run the pcv with autotune module & wideband 02's. I made my own adaptor into the stock place & have that piped to my map "manifold" if you will.......

I run a 1 bar so the stock ecm sees what it needs, as while using the pcv it is dependant on the ecm knowing whats goin on especially for idle & lower rpm fueling. I run a 2 bar so I can see whats goin on via logs. The pcv is capable of fueling based on pressure, but I really haven't seen a need for that. It runs REALLY well as is.

I have found, other than information purposes, the 2nd map really isn't needed. Its nice to know exactly what is going into the engine, but I've had really good luck tuning by tps only. A map in plenum is worthless, as above butterflies is substantially different than whats actually goin on under the butterflies.

I MAY have photos of what I did, but thats gonna take awhile to find. I can say without hesitation that it can be done. Its really not necessary, but I totally understand your wish.

If you're really interested message me. I'll see if I can find photos.

Good luck
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts