Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MAP for 07 DX,rinehart 2:2,SE filter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

looking for some help out there...just installed my 2:2's last night (07 DX, SE filter, rinehart 2:2) and hooking up the PCIII today....just reaching out for a map with this set up....
Thanks,
Leg475

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
i posted one for a 07 DX with 2:1's...

it may be a good start

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Did you try the map in the link that I posted in your other request thread?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i set up the map....bike ran fine for a while...then stalled twice...i posted a thread on some problems i am having....i believe i'm running too rich....smell of fuel....from the oil too...i have to make some adjustments....for a while it ran very smooth and sounded great....i have very thick grime on my valves and the oil thing....trying to fix today after work....(the only set up that i have different than yours is i am stock on the airbox cover...no mods of cutting anything or removing....Could this be the contributer to my problem?

thanks for your help with the map...much appreciated...out of all the views i had only 1 response...i know there are more out there with this set up..

leg475

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
leg475 said:
i set up the map....bike ran fine for a while...then stalled twice...i posted a thread on some problems i am having....i believe i'm running too rich....smell of fuel....from the oil too...i have to make some adjustments....for a while it ran very smooth and sounded great....i have very thick grime on my valves and the oil thing....trying to fix today after work....(the only set up that i have different than yours is i am stock on the airbox cover...no mods of cutting anything or removing....Could this be the contributer to my problem?

thanks for your help with the map...much appreciated...out of all the views i had only 1 response...i know there are more out there with this set up..

leg475
Yes the air cover will make a little difference, you could either go topless or semi topless. I am running semi topless. As far as the gas smell in the oil it is very common especially if the bike has not been broken in and the rings seated yet, plus if you only make short trips on the bike it will get the gas smell in the oil even after breaking in, it is just the nature of the v-twins. A long steady ride up to temperature will evaporate the gas in the oil. Also, Make sure you set your zero throttle position on the PC3.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
spaz - i think you posted my map in his other thread. And YES the airbox cover will make a huge difference in that map. It is too rich form my bike because I have the stock filter but adding that little more air with the lid off made a world of difference.

leg - I will be trying to tune that this weekend a little to remove some decel pop at around 5k and lean it up a little on the bottom end. Running a little fat up top isnt a big deal to me, but that tune is pretty rich around 3k-6k and could be leaned up at takeoff as well.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
spaz - i think you posted my map in his other thread. And YES the airbox cover will make a huge difference in that map. It is too rich form my bike because I have the stock filter but adding that little more air with the lid off made a world of difference.

leg - I will be trying to tune that this weekend a little to remove some decel pop at around 5k and lean it up a little on the bottom end. Running a little fat up top isnt a big deal to me, but that tune is pretty rich around 3k-6k and could be leaned up at takeoff as well.
I thought I posted the thread and then pointed to post#49 which should be my map, I'll have to double check.

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
I was correct, if he followed the link and went to post #49 it was my map.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Spaz said:
I thought I posted the thread and then pointed to post#49 which should be my map, I'll have to double check.
oh ok.. n/m then.... I thought it was you that pointed at my map. :slap: me

no biggie, my bad

1 - 9 of 9 Posts