Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am man enough to admit IDK. I have a power vision tuner ( for a while now) and am going to try My Tune today sometime. I put cams in this winter and am generating a new map. My question is, the My Tune software and PV maps only go to 9000 rpm, what happens to the map beyond these parameters? What does the bike read at let's say 9200 rpm? And... anyone know how I can expand my PV map to 9500 rpm? believe me I have tried, no success. I am waving a white flag.. lol. Any insight is greatly appreciated. More curious then anything..
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Ok, I am man enough to admit IDK. I have a power vision tuner ( for a while now) and am going to try My Tune today sometime. I put cams in this winter and am generating a new map. My question is, the My Tune software and PV maps only go to 9000 rpm, what happens to the map beyond these parameters? What does the bike read at let's say 9200 rpm? And... anyone know how I can expand my PV map to 9500 rpm? believe me I have tried, no success. I am waving a white flag.. lol. Any insight is greatly appreciated. More curious then anything..
Thanks.
No super expert on it but here's my take. The ECM will do the extended math beyond the 9 k limit of MyTune based on rpm and kps and tps readings. At 9200, should be no problem. It will not be much different in fueling and timing. Ve efficiency does drop a hair with rpm so if anything it will be a hair richer then the 9k cal limit. 9500 is a bit high for the engine anyway without valve spring changes. The Delphi is a lot smarter then people give it credit for. About all you can set in the PV cal for extended rpm is in limits and switches for the rev limit. I'm at 9150 currently on my cal. Should work out from there on the rest.
Ron

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, I kinda assumed something had to take over the ve tables after 9000 or it would just fall on it's face at 9001 if something wasn't happening. I have my Rev limiter at 9200 but I am sure I will be fine with the map I generate. My problem is I know just enough to be dangerous but not bright enough to give up sometimes.;)

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Thanks for the response, I kinda assumed something had to take over the ve tables after 9000 or it would just fall on it's face at 9001 if something wasn't happening. I have my Rev limiter at 9200 but I am sure I will be fine with the map I generate. My problem is I know just enough to be dangerous but not bright enough to give up sometimes.;)
It will work out just fine from what I've read and seen. Like you, I know just enough to be dangerous. Getting answers for some of this shit is like pulling teeth, as you've likely found out.
Ron

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more question, with "My Tune" and Power Vision, when I try and load my log file I keep getting error message that it needs NEW Ve front and rear.. I assume it can't find those values on the log file. Any ideas? I emailed Frank from my tune but no answer yet. I figured you had both and are very well versed in PV. So thought I would ask here.
Thanks..

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
One more question, with "My Tune" and Power Vision, when I try and load my log file I keep getting error message that it needs NEW Ve front and rear.. I assume it can't find those values on the log file. Any ideas? I emailed Frank from my tune but no answer yet. I figured you had both and are very well versed in PV. So thought I would ask here.
Thanks..
In mytune bottom left have the mode set for ve tuning. Log type powervision and use the map Sest 177zl002 Pretty sure your PV will log the ve's by default so likely the mytune settings not right. Then it's just copy/paste back and forth to get new cal tables.
Ron

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep, that's exactly what I've done. I will go back into PV unit and see if I can select VEs manually.. I will keep trying. Thanks for you help.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update, the spark portion of MY TUNE and PV log works fine. It must be a setting in my PV. I will keep digging. What else am I going to do, Not gonna work for a bit.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
update, the spark portion of MY TUNE and PV log works fine. It must be a setting in my PV. I will keep digging. What else am I going to do, Not gonna work for a bit.
Shoot me the log and I'll run it through one of cals or view it in excel.
Ron

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks.. I looked at it with Power Core. It needs work for sure. Hence the desire for My Tune. I can't load it here, says the extension is incompatible. I can email it probably.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
thanks.. I looked at it with Power Core. It needs work for sure. Hence the desire for My Tune. I can't load it here, says the extension is incompatible. I can email it probably.
Check you conversations or as we use to call it PMs
Ron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts