Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
First of all I want to say what a cool forum this is.....lots of info. I just bought an 06 Streetrod. I have drilled 8 1/2" holes in the mufflers and I am running "topless". Other than that stock.
I put a power commander on it yesterday. It seems to run better with the "0" MAP from PC than it did with the stock ECM. Is this possible?
Also, what is MAP # 809-034 that is supplied with the CD? It says it is for '05-'06 "Streetrod", stock everything. It has some crazy values in it.....WHY?
I loaded it and it sucks.....feels way too rich. What is it and where did it come from?

Thanks for any input on this.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
most maps from dynojet are on the rich side. as far as the 0 map it is what it is a 0 map no changes to the setting

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
The "Stock Map" was developed by Powercommander to clean up the EPA-Mandated-To-Pass-A-rediculous-standard lean stumble in the low end. We ran that map in my GF's NightRod when it was bone stock.

Do yourself a favor and take a look in the PCIII Maps section. There are a couple maps that folks are running that work pretty well.

The Kanga Map was a custom tune on a 2006 VRSCD for my GF's bike. I have been told it works well with drilled pipes, even though it was made with "V-MOD Style" stock pipes. FWIW.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
i noticed the smae thing with my bike... i installed my pcIII a few days before my CFR came in and it ran like POOP! I loaded the ) map up again and ran better too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts