Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cheers one and all.

Here is a bit of trivial information on a wall helmet hanger. I have been using door stops for my helmet hangers for a number of years and just thought I would pass it along. I use the Giant Foot door stop 2" H x 3-1/2" W x 6-3/4" D due to the large heal ledge, just mount it to a wall (screws) with the bottom side facing you and the heal with the ledge at the top. simple and works great. Office Max sells them for $6.99 they come in Safety Yellow, Safety Orange and Brown.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=162186&stc=1&d=1296098095

Attachments

·
Tie One On
1,645 Posts
I was really hoping this was a helmet hanger for the bike. Darn it !

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing wrong with hooks or shelves they work well also, this is just another alternative suggestion; a couple of reasons I like the Giant Foot doorstop is the helmet has a nice wide base to to rest on and the helmet lays flat against the wall and looks neat on the wall more like a dedicated helmet mount IMO. This is just a suggestion I'm sure there are lots of great way to hang a helmet.

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Nothing wrong with hooks or shelves they work well also, this is just another alternative suggestion; a couple of reasons I like the Giant Foot doorstop is the helmet has a nice wide base to to rest on and the helmet lays flat against the wall and looks neat on the wall more like a dedicated helmet mount IMO. This is just a suggestion I'm sure there are lots of great way to hang a helmet.
Very true, and when you live on FT. Bragg with all kinds of 155mm rounds going off miles away. Your picture frames on the walls still shift. Hence why I use a shelf and bungee cords, to keep them from sliding off.

LOL

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very true, and when you live on FT. Bragg with all kinds of 155mm rounds going off miles away. Your picture frames on the walls still shift. Hence why I use a shelf and bungee cords, to keep them from sliding off.
LOL! Point well taken...FT. Bragg home to the 82d and 101st Airborne Division's...HooRaw!
I was wondering about the bungee cords; it all makes sense now. LOL

Great post

1 - 9 of 9 Posts