Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Scott's place rebuilding and upgrading my engine. I blew up one of my front exhaust valves and that valve jammed sideways into the heads. Also bent a valve stem on another one and it was jammed into the heads and couldn't be removed. Scott was able to get the heads back in shape, added a few pieces and parts, now she's back together. All I can say is THANK YOU! One hell of a good guy, and one hell of an engine builder impressive shop, and all round good time. Learned alot also! Once again Scott, Thank You.:notworth:

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
How the heck did you drop a valve to begin with?

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts
I can't thank Scott enough for the day we spent rebuilding my revo..... it was a sobering experience with no beer to be found (my bad) and the fact that we weren't going to a bigger bore or even strokin it was a bit of a buzzkill, but every time I crack the throttle I know I have a solid 1130....... Thanks to Fitzgerald Motorsports!

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How the heck did you drop a valve to begin with?
Not sure, Happened at low rpm, no crazy stuff pulling into the dealership parking lot of all places! One of the theories is a clearance issue combing the head work and a 515 cam.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got 60 hard miles on it, not taking any more chances, time to change to amsoil, Thanks Ken! Runs hard (and that's a good thing!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts