Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a U1255 and a U1016.while programing ecm with RT.

12 U1016 Current Loss of all ECM serial data-at TSSM 3.19 DTC U1016

It got messed up somehow in the middle of programing.
I turned everything off bike,laptop,etc.Tried again,couldn't find ECM or some warning like that.Couldn't even read the codes through the laptop.So I disconnected the battery tried again.Nothing.The pump wouldn't even prime or the engine light didn't even come on.I was getting frustratted at this point.I disconnected everything again Even the ECM this time.Tried again and it worked.
It had to totally redo the ECM.Even turned on the fans during programing.
It runs now and better with some tuning I did.

This was very scary Thank god I got it running again.This wouldn't be under warranty because of the RT.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Vinny I have found that the communication with the laptop isn't the best all the time. I have had to reboot to do a second program but that may just be the dell laptop that I have been using. Wish I could find my old thinkpad, that I wouldn't mind gutting to run a very small package for data logging.

Max

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I had that once at a dyno between runs. I was using a extension serial cable and the bike was not on a charger. IMHO the extra cable length and a low battery caused the glitch. I went through the complete recovery procedure and it worked on the first try but to say my heart was in my throat would be an understatement.

Now, I always use the stock cables and have a charger on the battery when I program the bike. I've probably loaded 20 programs since then without a glitch.

BTW, warranty :rofl: The best you could hope for would be that they could recover the ECM or HD could if they sent it the mother ship. However, according the some people I talked to at HD they haven't had many (they wouldn't say how many but I'm thinking you could count them on one hand) locked ECMs and the recovery procedure can fix 99% of the program glitches.

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, makes me feel better that I'm not the only one this has happened to.I was shi%$ing bricks for awhile.
I'm using a Thinkpad 560.It was plugged into the wall outlet.I think I overloaded the laptop,cuz I was getting ECM info first.
and the codes are cleared and didn't get any after I datalogged a run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts