Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always used magnetized tank bags/map holders on my bikes (providing you keep everything free of dust and dirt). You can all imagine what happened when I went to collect my B '04. Eventually I had to strap receipts/toolbag/mobile phone etc on the rear rack.
So does anyone know of a suitable substitute product; perhaps with straps or even velcro?

·
Registered
145 Posts
The best solution I come up with is getting some flexible magnetic material (like the type used for magnetic signs) and apply it to the underside of the air-box cover (First aligning the poles with the magnets in the tank bag)

That might give you enough flux coupling to make the bag stay in place.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I have a Held bag that came with an assortment of clips and velcro straps to hold the bag on. I'm happy to report that after 2500 miles on the daytona run, no scratches on the tank!.. Anodized aluminum is great!.

The flames, however, did not survive the trip. Kaz is correct, at about 90 mph they are toast.

Attachments

·
9 second club member
2,326 Posts
I have a Nelson Riggs tank bag and have been on a few trips with it and it holds in place great with straps. The bag has been speed tested also on my trips I have hit 90 a few times fully loaded and no problems at all

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
90?? I hit 115 at least 5 times with the bag on (every time my buddy and I hit an on- ramp on the Daytona run)! No problems. I did notice that it 'floats' a bit in a strong crosswind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts