Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that whenever these mags do a comparison ride for cruisers they invariably use a Dyna or a Softtail. In the last year there have been numerous articles, none of which has used the VROD. THis is the most technologically advanced cycle by HD and yet it appears to have been blackballed by the media.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
They go with what their readers are interested in, nothing more than good business sense. Very few folks advocate the V-Rod over a dyna or softtail.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
ignorance abounds

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
american iron probably does the best job.. they are about it though

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Why is it that whenever these mags do a comparison ride for cruisers they invariably use a Dyna or a Softtail. In the last year there have been numerous articles, none of which has used the VROD. THis is the most technologically advanced cycle by HD and yet it appears to have been blackballed by the media.
:sad: They want to sell magazines, not satisfy a relatively small segment of the MC world. There are dozens of bikes that get minimal print. They feature what their readers buy and want to see. Just like you would.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
The more it's ignored the more I like it. I wouldn't like it nearly as much if everyone had one.
Yes, same here. /contrarian

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
American Iron Magazine featured one of mine recently, and RJ from right here on the Forum, regularly writes V-Rod tech articles for them.

Buzz seems to be more interested in shedding light on them and having them understood than the others. :deal:

Just my 2 cents.

·
Yooper/Geek
745 Posts
American Iron Magazine featured one of mine recently, and RJ from right here on the Forum, regularly writes V-Rod tech articles for them.

Buzz seems to be more interested in shedding light on them and having them understood than the others. :deal:

Just my 2 cents.
Hmm. Pat, as I recall, in the article about your bike in the Bagger issue, wasn't there a backhanded comment (from the author) about why the MoCo doesn't come out with a vrod bagger?

FWIW. I give Buzz props for getting them in where ever he can.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts