Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOOF after much waiting due to the fact my CNC guy was sick and the machine was busy my rim came off my machine as of this morning. Pop my valve stem hole in, check balance and runout, and off to the chromer she goes. Mounting a nice Metzler tire to her once she gets back.

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
not bad. i don't care for the way you decided to cut the 'spaces' out between the shamrocks. i think (just my opinion) that if you had cut out the spaces along the triangular 'lines' that exist it would have looked cleaner. the extra material that remains next to the shamrock columns combined with the way it cuts into the ridge along the rim takes away from the look for me.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MMMM well your opinion is noted thanks! vrscd butcher. Personally the pockets that the shamrocks set in add depth to this only 3" wide rim.

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
Holy shit man, you did a damn nice job for your first wheel. I am very impressed with it! :notworth:

·
Registered
375 Posts
cool. just throwing my opinion up, as i was guessing you were looking for a bit of feedback. it'll definitely look better when it's all shiny and mounted on the bike too.

edit: i wasn't bashing your effort. i hope you didn't take it that way. the rim looks really good. i was just throwing out an idea that, for me, would have looked better. but it's not my rim or my bike.

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
vrscd_buTcHEr said:
cool. just throwing my opinion up, as i was guessing you were looking for a bit of feedback. it'll definitely look better when it's all shiny and mounted on the bike too.
I see what you were talking about and I think the chrome will make it blend in pretty good.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes once it polished and all chromed out this wheel will BLING BLING. Like a diamond the more cuts you have the shinner it will be in light!

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
CRAZY CLIVE said:
it looks great, does the shamrock indicate you have Irish blood ?

Last name is Fitzgerald. It also goes with our Irish shamrock logo at the shop that my dad had designed back in the late 70's. www.dafitzgerald.com I also machined it into it to show what "other" items we can do. Seeing this my first rim, this will get some heads turning at my area bike rallies and what nots.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheatin said:
I think he just gets lucky a lot! :angeldev:

I am married I only get lucky once a week! HAHA kidding at least twice a week now.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
vrscd_buTcHEr said:

edit: i wasn't bashing your effort. i hope you didn't take it that way. the rim looks really good. i was just throwing out an idea that, for me, would have looked better. but it's not my rim or my bike.

Nah I am not upset at all your opinion is noted I am all open to it.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
CRAZY CLIVE said:
lets hope he's not a lephrecaun !

I guess you will only find out at the KC Rally! HAHA

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiiiice!!! :thumb:
I like the way it looks "beefy", not too thin. Very well done.
If you have the cad file of the shamrock, could you e-mail it to me to use on your cap?
[email protected]

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pondo said:
Niiiiiiiiiiiice!!! :thumb:
I like the way it looks "beefy", not too thin. Very well done.
If you have the cad file of the shamrock, could you e-mail it to me to use on your cap?
[email protected]

Carl it was drawn in Smart CAD/CAM I will have to see if we can save it into a CAD only file for some reason I dont think we can I will check with my programer. Thanks again!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts