1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Whoa, now that would really suck.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
This crap again....with any luck gets shot down before it gets any steam...

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
MWDHAND to ban MA? Finger extended.

·
RIDE SAFE!!
615 Posts
I wouldn't be surpised, a trooper gave me a citation on 195 for excessive noise not to long ago. Gotta love that our MA lawmakers are working on the pressing issues in our state. What a joke............

·
Ride hard be safe!
953 Posts
It sucks but we all have brought it on ourself's mostly because of the airheads.
who have to take loud pipes take the baffles out of them and dragrace from every stop sign when their is an audiance.
Loud is ok but then there is Just dumb loud!!
like all the stupid airheads with dragpipes and no baffle.
Beleive me I have set off my share of car alarms but I think there is a time and a place.not every stop light.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Whats even funnier is that i hang with a bunch of cops a few are staties. They all ride bikes and all run loud pipes, but they whip out that magic badge whenever anything happens. Unfortunatley a poor sap like myself never gets a break.:spank:

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
The article said they already had legislation for noise, why not just enforce the one they have?

Perhaps another law they don't have the manpower to enforce will help? Dumb asses

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
Ahhh.......got to love this state. 17 volumes of massive books filled with laws and ordinances pertaining to what you can't do, only a medium sized envelope containing the things you are still allowed to enjoy, with approval of course.

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
Hope the legislators in CT don't read about it.:moped:

·
Peaked At Birth
5,198 Posts
The excessive amount of legislation is the main reason I left Massivetushies.

·
Noel
4,611 Posts
firemedic said:
This crap again....with any luck gets shot down before it gets any steam...
Sure fire way would be to bind it to the HELMET repeal legislation proposed every year that dies in committee.........:banghead:

·
found my old avatar
1,200 Posts
did you happen to read all the comments posted on the original link? Talk about wandering off topic! By the end of the page it had degraded to an argument over the war in iraq. :wazzup:

oops, I just did the same thing..... :eek:fftopic:

:D

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
779 Posts
bryrap said:
I wouldn't be surpised, a trooper gave me a citation on 195 for excessive noise not to long ago. Gotta love that our MA lawmakers are working on the pressing issues in our state. What a joke............
How the F##k does someone get a ticket like that? I mean did he have to have a db meter or can he just say...humm I don't like the tune that guys bike is playing? Also if they can have a law like that what's to stop them from saying you can't modify any engine/part etc?....Like say a powercommander on your turbodiesel truck to get more horses blah blah blah...

Like you said with all the sh#t to worry about in this world .... heysus

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,431 Posts
dharlow said:
How the F##k does someone get a ticket like that? I mean did he have to have a db meter or can he just say...humm I don't like the tune that guys bike is playing? Also if they can have a law like that what's to stop them from saying you can't modify any engine/part etc?....Like say a powercommander on your turbodiesel truck to get more horses blah blah blah...

Like you said with all the sh#t to worry about in this world .... heysus
I got a ticket last year on my VTX with Bub Jug Huggers from the local donut lickers for $225 for "improper exhaust" not loud pipes. Had to take it to inspection too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
They already passed this legislation in Colorado. Your pipes have to be EPA stamped (as in stock). We already had a noise ordinance here also but none of the cops carried the equipement to measure decibles. Sooo now the pipes have to be EPA cert.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts