Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Awesome site! I've learned a lot from you guys. Thanks :)
I just installed a set of BUB Jug Huggers & a DFO fueler. With Screaming Eagle's my mpg was approx. 40-45 mpg, now its 20 - 26 mpg. Is that a normal drop? I thought I might lose only a couple of mpg's. Any suggestions? I have an '02 V-Rod w/ just a K&N. Thanks!
 

·
Chrome is king!!!
Joined
·
20,269 Posts
thecort said:
Hey guys! Awesome site! I've learned a lot from you guys. Thanks :)
I just installed a set of BUB Jug Huggers & a DFO fueler. With Screaming Eagle's my mpg was approx. 40-45 mpg, now its 20 - 26 mpg. Is that a normal drop? I thought I might lose only a couple of mpg's. Any suggestions? I have an '02 V-Rod w/ just a K&N. Thanks!

First off :vrodforu:

My mileage even stock was never even near 40. Now with a CFR, K&N and a RT I'm around 33. How did you adjust the DFO? The only way to really get it dialed in is on a dyno.
 

·
Thread Killer
Joined
·
4,567 Posts
With my mods, I still pull mid 30's in a mix of city/highway riding.
 

·
1130cc.comaholic
Joined
·
13,241 Posts
:welcome:
I'm usually around 32-35 mpg
 

·
Dilligaf
Joined
·
5,393 Posts
Welcome, I get around 31-35 with my 2-2's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whew! I thought it was just me. I still haven't spent any time tuning it. I'll do that soon. Does anyone have a ballpark recommendation for NYC area (sea level)? Thanks:thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vrod-Mike said:
First off :vrodforu:

My mileage even stock was never even near 40. Now with a CFR, K&N and a RT I'm around 33. How did you adjust the DFO? The only way to really get it dialed in is on a dyno.

Well, I was kind of in a rush to get the pipes & fueler on because of bike week down in Wildwood, NJ (Roar to the Shore). I just tuned it slightly so that it would run fine for me to ride there (250 mile round trip). I want it to run perfect (or as close as I can get it). I didn't have any problems once it was warmed up.
Does anyone know a pro dyno shop, in the NYC tri-state area?
 

·
Blowin' Smoke
Joined
·
2,647 Posts
I have the same setup as you on my '02 with the exception of the fueler; I use a Gil's box. My tuning is a bit hard to explain because my ECM has been flashed for the 16 ga. double barrel SE-II pipes. When I received the box it was way fat because Gil set it up for a stock ECM. I turned the pots down and went about tuning it by the seat of the pants until I had it running as well as I could get it. This does require some patience.

I now get in the low 40s for average riding below 70 - 75. At around 85 I'm down to 33 - 35 mpg. FWIW, I find I actually get better mileage if I keep rpms above 4000 as the engine is operating much more efficiently there than at minimum rpm just cruising around.
 

·
Chrome is king!!!
Joined
·
20,269 Posts
thecort said:
Well, I was kind of in a rush to get the pipes & fueler on because of bike week down in Wildwood, NJ (Roar to the Shore). I just tuned it slightly so that it would run fine for me to ride there (250 mile round trip). I want it to run perfect (or as close as I can get it). I didn't have any problems once it was warmed up.
Does anyone know a pro dyno shop, in the NYC tri-state area?[/B]

Where do you live? A few of us were in Wildwood on Saturday.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top