Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, looking to do my first brake pad replacement, front and rear on my 2008 Night Rod Special (nonABS)

I was about to order the Lyndall ZPlus sets of pads (3 of them) from here:

But looking at the service manual, when replacing pads it mentions discarding the old pad pin and pad pin clip.

3. See Figure '·35. Remove screen cover by pulling single
prong side first. then caliper pin retainer clip. and caliper
pin (6 pl/5 mm). Discard pad pin and pad pin clip.

My question is - do I need to also order new pad pins and pad pin clips from Harley, or do the new pins and clips come with the lyndall brake pad sets?

Apologies for what is probably an obvious question!

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Oem come with new pin and clip. Not sure on aftermarket on the vrod but softail no pins came with them. If the pin is not notched from pad wear, it should be fine to reuse. Mine had no notching when I replaced my rear pads.
Ron

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hi guys, looking to do my first brake pad replacement, front and rear on my 2008 Night Rod Special (nonABS)

I was about to order the Lyndall ZPlus sets of pads (3 of them) from here:

But looking at the service manual, when replacing pads it mentions discarding the old pad pin and pad pin clip.

3. See Figure '·35. Remove screen cover by pulling single
prong side first. then caliper pin retainer clip. and caliper
pin (6 pl/5 mm). Discard pad pin and pad pin clip.

My question is - do I need to also order new pad pins and pad pin clips from Harley, or do the new pins and clips come with the lyndall brake pad sets?

Apologies for what is probably an obvious question!
Clean them, lube them, reuse them. Never had an issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys appreciate it - and cheers for your help as always Ron, hope you've been well!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts