Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
Don't get confused about what I'm doing right now.
Lux opened up to identical threads in the general and the offtopic area.
I have merged them and will let it stand in the general area until we have his new BOY or whatever area.
I will furthermore edit his initial post and copy it to the news area so it gets the full attention.
Argh, it's quite a bit of work to do this.

Don't worry, I asked Lux for approval ;)

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
This is all done via Cafe Press. It costs nothing to setup, and if a member wants to buy one, then it's on him/her. There is nothing to be gained from it from our point of view, so I thought we may as well let Lux run with it.

It was a last minute change in an email we exchanged today.

RJ
Ahhh... Ok, good to go...

Lux asked if it is possible to make a completely new area called "BOY - Bike of the Year"
How about we abbreviate it BOTY... It was BOTM..... BOY sounds a little to.... California

yeah..I know... nit picky....

Luxie the BOY Mod.... Hmmmmmm...

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
RJ,

I hope you don't mind my actions regarding Lux' nomination and so on.
I didn't mean to overrule your authority as our "spokesman".

Lux sent me a pm and informed me that he made two identical announcements and I considered it important enough to take immediate action in order to prevent confusion.
Probably it's better if you remove my post inside the news area.
To put it mildly: unlike you I'm "the bad cop" and I don't have many fans here, so it might be better if you take over now.

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
RJ,

I hope you don't mind my actions regarding Lux' nomination and so on.
I didn't mean to overrule your authority as our "spokesman".

Lux sent me a pm and informed me that he made two identical announcements and I considered it important enough to take immediate action in order to prevent confusion.
Probably it's better if you remove my post inside the news area.
To put it mildly: unlike you I'm "the bad cop" and I don't have many fans here, so it might be better if you take over now.
I don't mind at all. Actually, I think being a Spokesman means something different to you than it does to me. I don't see it as a big deal at all. I think the issue is we continue to operate and support each other to guide the forum.

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Does anyone mind if we move this thread into the BOTM Lounge?

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
I thought you where going to post a thread and then we would post our pics. Seeing there where only 4 bikes posted I sure I'm not the only one that misunderstood the process.

Looks like I missed the bus. :banghead:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I thought you where going to post a thread and then we would post our pics. Seeing there where only 4 bikes posted I sure I'm not the only one that misunderstood the process.

Looks like I missed the bus. :banghead:
I posted 2 New threads for the week of entries to start
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126992&highlight=the+year
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126993

and Bumped the other threads that where already in play, I didn't think I should start posting under every category with the same title thread etc.. I thought the General, Off Topic and that months Model Specific area where good enough.

We all where going to pick if the entries exceeded 25, there where only 5 entries.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
I guess I'm to stupid to grasp the concept, the poles are up and people are voting on the bikes. I'll sign up for the class next year so I'll understand whats going on.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I guess I'm to stupid to grasp the concept, the poles are up and people are voting on the bikes. I'll sign up for the class next year so I'll understand whats going on.
Well its quite simple. 1 month a year per model, except the last 3 months, 1 being Touring/Worker bike, next Custom, and final Bike of the year made up of the winners of the previous months.
the 1st week of every month is designated as the Entry week.
You can still go into the touring/worker if you have average of 4500 miles per year on your bike or the Super Custom month. I think the DX, Super Custom and Maybe the Worker months will be the months that we get more than 25 entries.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
RJ can we get a bike of the month club spot on the forum page, I don't think everyone know when it starts. That way when David announce the start all will see his post and have time to send in their photos. I for one didn't know the A's contest pics where due and I missed the contest. The AW thread already have people asking the same question. I'm not blaming David cause his post don't stay on the front page.

David thanks for all the work you've put into the BOTM contest

This could be added at the top of the Specific Model area.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
RJ can we get a bike of the month club spot on the forum page, I don't think everyone know when it starts. That way when David announce the start all will see his post and have time to send in their photos. I for one didn't know the A's contest pics where due and I missed the contest. The AW thread already have people asking the same question. I'm not blaming David cause his post don't stay on the front page.

David thanks for all the work you've put into the BOTM contest

This could be added at the top of the Specific Model area.
I do 2 sets of announcements in 3 places, General, off topic and in that months model specific Area and than Bump them 1-2 times. The last week of a Month I post that the NEw Contest will be starting and to get ready than during the entry week I post the Send Your photos in threads and bump them a few times.
I dunno, I thought there would be more interest in this since there are so many threads about what who did what and how much it cost t do so to their bikes. Instead I am getting a handful of photos and most times all the photos are of the bike from the same side etc.... I tried.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
I do 2 sets of announcements in 3 places, General, off topic and in that months model specific Area and than Bump them 1-2 times. The last week of a Month I post that the NEw Contest will be starting and to get ready than during the entry week I post the Send Your photos in threads and bump them a few times.
I dunno, I thought there would be more interest in this since there are so many threads about what who did what and how much it cost t do so to their bikes. Instead I am getting a handful of photos and most times all the photos are of the bike from the same side etc.... I tried.
I'll claim stupid cause I missed it.

Again not throwing stones your doing a great job.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I'll claim stupid cause I missed it.

Again not throwing stones your doing a great job.
No I feel like I am doing all anyone should have to in such a situation, it once again comes down to The People showing up and doing their part instead of just complaining etc... all the time about this and that or talking about how great their stuff is. I think the DX and R months will be huge and Maybe the Baggers. But than again I thought the AW people would have been in it.
Its the same always, look at the Rides section. 4-5 months BEFORE a big get together all these "I will be there, I am camping in a ditch but will be there dammit I am a BIKER!!" than come 20 days before the thread goes silent and slowly the "I cant go" posts appear in bunches. People, you cannot trust them to do what they say they will.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts