Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this forwarded to me from David.

He want's us to talk about it and get back to him.

Can we make a "lounge" in bike of the month that is hidden from the general public but will allow us to talk with David the way we do in the Mod Lounge? It may be easier in the long run to discuss these topics and other BOTM things that may come up.

Anyway, my only concern is that it sounds a bit HEAVY in the PHOTO SKILLS department. I want this to be a BIKE contest and not a PHOTO contest. But whatever the group decides is fine.

I don't want to have have nekkid girls on the home page either, so I approve of that message.

I think it's a MUCH better plan than what we had before, overall.

Attachments

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
I like it.
My only recommendation is to cancel the wording:
The reason its done this way now is because in the past little bands of Children grouped together and voted for their Models and not the Bikes. Well let’s get beyond that.
It doesn't matter why it's done differently now and we don't owe anyone an explanation (which might cause trouble itself again).

In my opinion photo skill does indeed matter very much and he's fully right to enforce it. He wants to run the show - let him do it his way! If it doesn't work then it can still be changed.
If he wants his own lounge then give it to him :D

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Please send all the rejected photos with the nekkid chicks in them to me for prompt disposal.... (you can keep the Granny knitting you a beanie one).

Overall, it looks like he put some thought into this... but he still kaint spel.... :D

I say give him a shot.... the separate lounge would help with communication (shudder....) but at least it will be entertaining...

·
Geezer
13,343 Posts
I like it. And the BOTM Mod lounge sounds like a great idea.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
I like it.
My only recommendation is to cancel the wording:
The reason its done this way now is because in the past little bands of Children grouped together and voted for their Models and not the Bikes. Well let’s get beyond that.
It doesn't matter why it's done differently now and we don't owe anyone an explanation (which might cause trouble itself again).
Agree

In my opinion photo skill does indeed matter very much and he's fully right to enforce it. He wants to run the show - let him do it his way! If it doesn't work then it can still be changed.
If he wants his own lounge then give it to him :D
I agree that the 'children' comment should be withdrawn, but I think it is a very true and hilarious statement.
IMO if a super high resolution is all thats allowed, some wont be able to enter. Not everyone has a top of the line camera. I know I dont.

I like it. And the BOTM Mod lounge sounds like a great idea.
I like the BOTM lounge area also. Without it, it will seem like a "huddle without the quarterback".

It looks like David has put a fair amount of time and effort into this,
i think it will work well.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
I agree that bikes shouldn't be judged on a person photo skills.

I do like bobbies :boobs:

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re worked

Lux's Re worked BOTM.

Attachments

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
You know how David always sets up his picture, I think this will come into play with him.

Maybe I'm missing something ?
I guess thats what I was talking about. The ginormous pics he posts.

But I think David will do an awesome job. He is a definite cut-up, but is very professional with projects he works on.

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I will tell David to roll with what he has. Let's get it out and started already.

·
Autobanmod
9,871 Posts
RJ, can you please comment on this PM I sent him:

Bike of the year contest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lux,

I am pleased to see that you have put a lot of effort and thought into this new contest and you have made a great post indeed!
But I have some comments to your announcement because it differs from what we received for review / approval / comments:

A)
Quote:
Granny knitting you a beanie

I don't know what that means but one of the mods thought it shouldn't be mentioned. Is it something pervert?

B) Some of the mods (me included) had the opinion that the wording
Quote:
The reason THIS Contest is done this way now is because in the past little bands of Children grouped together...

should better be left out as it might offend people. You don't have to explain the members why you want to do it this way or the other, it's your show and we don't look back.

C)

Quote:
At the End there will be a Small Wall Calendar put together and sold at a low price (no profit being made, sold through a Cafe Press type place and sold at their Minimal cost) and every Month will have the winner of that month and the Cover of course Reserved For The Bike of The Year.

I don't mind you making a little extra money but would have appreciated if you had let us known in advance about it. Did you talk to Stew and / or RJ about it?

Jan

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
"At the End there will be a Small Wall Calendar put together and sold at a low price (no profit being made, sold through a Cafe Press type place and sold at their Minimal cost) and every Month will have the winner of that month and the Cover of course Reserved For The Bike of The Year. "

Whoa... Where did this come from? Now I'm not going to get bent out of shape over a calendar but WFT? Who is going to fund this? The members? Who's handling the cash? How can it be verified that it didn't make any profit?

Would have been better if this was discussed before it went public.

We really need that sub-moderator lounge to discuss things exactly like this with David before it's out of control and someone at VS gets pissed.

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"At the End there will be a Small Wall Calendar put together and sold at a low price (no profit being made, sold through a Cafe Press type place and sold at their Minimal cost) and every Month will have the winner of that month and the Cover of course Reserved For The Bike of The Year. "

Whoa... Where did this come from? Now I'm not going to get bent out of shape over a calendar but WFT? Who is going to fund this? The members? Who's handling the cash? How can it be verified that it didn't make any profit?

Would have been better if this was discussed before it went public.

We really need that sub-moderator lounge to discuss things exactly like this with David before it's out of control and someone at VS gets pissed.
This is all done via Cafe Press. It costs nothing to setup, and if a member wants to buy one, then it's on him/her. There is nothing to be gained from it from our point of view, so I thought we may as well let Lux run with it.

It was a last minute change in an email we exchanged today.

RJ

1 - 20 of 37 Posts