Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I almost gave in and got the Harley saddlebags but can't quite bring myself to spoil the lines of the DX with those stupid brackets. So, I'm looking for something for the luggage rack. I checked the T-Bag site and according to their instructions, the V-Rod backrest isn't big enough to secure their bags. I know some of you have bags for your luggage racks and wonder what you think are best. Any advice?

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should clarify a little bit here. I actually could porbably use two bags. One for shorter trips, day rides, etc. Something to store a jacket and chaps in as weather changes, and rain gear. And a second, larger bag for extended trips, in which case I'd probably use some throw over saddlebags.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I'm not sure what brand it is, I got it on ebay. It works great for short trips. I've used it for going to get milk, 12 pack of beer (cans) it'll hold a helmet, jackets etc. and it came with a backrest that velcro's to it which was nice for long trips. I've got it tied to the back seat but I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to attach it to the luggage rack. here's a picture in my gallery...
http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=30386&catid=member&imageuser=13565

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
Biker's Friend

·
Jr. Lifetime Premium
357 Posts
GordoJ52 said:
Biker's Friend
:them: Biker's Friend is the way to go. I have the medium. I can strap it to the pillion if I don't have a passenger. Otherwise, I can put it on the rack.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts