Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AMF
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Harley half SAC so that I could have a little more space to carry a few things while riding. It has no locks of any kind. Does anybody have any suggestions for keeping it locked somehow on the bike ? I think that it would take someone just a couple of minutes to just unhook it and walk off with it. I found a small luggage style padlock to lock the zippers together, but the actual sac just quick connects under the passenger backrest and luggage rack. I bought it more for being able to carry stuff when down in Fla, but am having second thoughts about leaving it on the bike while in Daytona.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I had the same thought. I bought a second cable lock which I will thread through as much as possible when I leave the bike (shudder) unattended.

·
Ted
1,631 Posts
Unfortunately, if it's going to get ripped off, chances are they won't even mess with unstrapping it. They just cut it off. And they also don't care if their knife cuts up the seat and backrest in the process.

·
AMF
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't even want to think about someone cutting it off. I need to think that I could leave the bike unattended for a few hours without someone ripping me off. I saw a lot of bikes in pictures from previous events that had bags on thier bikes. Hopefully, I can get through the event without any problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts