Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made an appointment for my 10,000-mile service and told them I don't need an oil change because I have 2000 miles left on my Amsoil switch. They asked me about tranny and primary oil and said if I wanted to stay with Amsoil, I needed to bring some with me.

Call me a dumbass, cuz I am, but what were they talking about? Topping off?

If I can't get Amsoil by next Wednesday, what blends well with Amsoil?

thanky

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
MegaZ said:
I just made an appointment for my 10,000-mile service and told them I don't need an oil change because I have 2000 miles left on my Amsoil switch. They asked me about tranny and primary oil and said if I wanted to stay with Amsoil, I needed to bring some with me.

Call me a dumbass, cuz I am, but what were they talking about? Topping off?

thanky
Call them back and tell them you have a Vrod.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
They must not have understood. Not only do you not have trans oil or primary oil but you better make sure they understand that valve checks have been moved to 15k miles for all v-rods or they will try to charge you for that as well.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She understood I have a VRod, but when she asked those questions, I thought "She makes ME feel like a dumbass." LOL....and I just proved it.

The people who run the service desk don't seem to have much VRod knowledge, but their techs do.

But really...if they want to add some oil, what blends well with Amsoil?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Amsoil

Really you can blend anything with Amsoil. I would stick with the good stuff, if not then a little bit of mobil 1 twin cam wouldn't hurt anything.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
MegaZ said:
But really...if they want to add some oil, what blends well with Amsoil?
Amsoil. :rofl: If you need oil I would tell them not to add it only note it and you will add it yourself. IMHO

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
aiight

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
MegaZ said:

Wednesday would be no problem and if you have to AMSOIL is compatible with any major motorcycle oil on the market.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll be ordering another Amsoil change in a few months. So far, the bike hasn't burned any of what you sent me. So if I need to top off, I'll use the best I can get here in Mayberry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts