Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello to all,
As of this post heres where we are. As i write this the bike is within hours of being fired, That being said allow me to add more clarity to this project.
Many changes have taken place, many smart minds have been involved, some of the best alive IMO
The entire engine "combination" is unique to a vrod in terms of, to our knowledge many things that have not been tried. The entire turbo and fuel system is all new ground, but extremely well thought out and engineered, the turbo itsself is a "one off" built by Garret for this engine, some would say a turbo is a turbo, not so.is this some kind of magic engine combo, not at all, but different from typical v rod turbo builds.
Nick trask has spent months exploring and researching and appling it to this project, along with spending tens of thousands of dollars as we have, to take this first step towards a world record bike, as i have clearly stated in earlier posts it will take time, perhaps alot of time, But we are in it to win it, Period!
El Mirage is this weekend (Sunday) the bike is going there but will not be raced.
We will go thru the mandatory Tech inspection to make sure we did not miss anything, instead of showing up at bonniville next month and having to make changes where we may not have the resourses to do them to our standards.
Over the next few weeks we will go back to El Mirage and test and continue to until we are confident with the bike.
Our gratitude to the Nick Trask and crew and others is hard to put into words, so well just say THANK's TO ALL.
We will post pics on Tuesday. Lastly thanks to all the v rod folks that have supported us. Tim and Josh Doherty "Doherty & Trask LSR V rod. A interesting note In a recent coversation with the rider Rick Yacocci he said: If you would have approached me with a busa for example I would have turned you down, I'm i it because its different.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
Good Luck Tim - looking forward to some great results from all this effort..

·
Premium Member
4,144 Posts
Keep updating us.... Take some pix at El Mo. Have fun, be safe and go fast....

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
Can't wait to see the final product and results :notworth:

·
Billy
3,464 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
:them: Good luck & go FAST

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts
cant wait to see pics

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
sounds exciting, i loor forward to hearing the result in bonnieville. good luck

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pics are posted

Here are some photos, the bike went thru tech with no problems. Also note the intercooler is not installed, nor the actual air plenum that will be used. Intercooler is quite large and will mount on the left side. We just plain ran out of time so we took the bike as shown for tech. Thanks Tim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
That is an incredible machine :notworth: Did it pass tech? Are there plans for a front brake? That is a work of art and can't wait to read about the results :D

·
** Place ad here **
1,460 Posts
NICE!!!!!

Tim,

What did you have to do to get the GPR stabilizer mounted? That would be something I would really like to have on my DX.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Nice work !!!

looking forward to hearing more info when you guys are able to take about your setup.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts