Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After shot and a big thank you to the guys that gave me a heads up on how to make these lowers look presentable. Needs a bit more buffing with Mothers. There's a before shot somewhere around here...

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but they look a TON better than the "before" shot of them when they had that pitting all over them. This job was nearly free, compared to $$$ ? for chrome? And lotsa labor taking them off, putting them back on to get them chromed.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Good work! The carpet sets them off!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
what did you do? did you take them off and sand the clear coat off? Is removing and replacing the front tubes a hard task? Look a ton better then my pitted (clearcoated) tubes/

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Used 600 grit sandpaper with oil, then 1500 grit with mothers aluminum polish, then buffed with Mothers Powerball and more Mothers aluminum polish.
I found a chrome set and almost bought them, but I'm poor and cheap. I listed them in the classifieds on here for the seller, they're brand new and only $175.00 !!!Mine look good enough for who they're for.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I havn't looked at prices lately,but I paid like $90 for the set of chrome ones on my 03 from a chrome shop.The set on the 07 was installed at the dealer and Harley paid for them.If you have the EX warranty,this will cover them too,just depends on how the RO is written.
The Harley sold chrome lowers are not as good looking as the ones on my 03 because the chrome shop flat sanded all the ripples and casting pits out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts