Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Go fast, look good!
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to lower my bike. ***I know in doing this (and using a CFR exhaust), it will hampen cornering to the right a little.***, but what's the best way to do it? I've seen 11" VROD shocks on ebay for about $100, and I talked to a guy in San Antonio (probably a member) who put Sportster shocks on his which dropped it about an inch. He was also able to lower his front end without a lowering kit (can't remember how he did it). Any thoughts on the best/proper way to lower my ride?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I put a set of 12inchers on mine without doing anything to the front at first.I just did the front w the progessive lowering kit the other night and it's nice.I don't care for lowering the front by raing the tubes up,it still leaves a desired ride.I like the way I sat in the seat w the front up so I'm putting a set of stock DWG 113/4 on the rear soon as I gather a few more parts.
I'll probably wind up w the billet Dyna shocks for keepers.I really like the look.
I think 113'4 is about as short as it can go w stock cut shocks and no mods.We'll see soon,I have a shock spring tool coming from Progressive and a dye from Snap-On so I can play w the lengths myself.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
JC#477
26 Posts
shock height

I'm going thru a problem right now with progressive on there 440 12" shock with std spring. I had to bend my custom painted belt gaurd first cause they said these would be ok,but there to soft and with 2up there is not enough clearance. progressive now says the medium spring should be used, So you might want to use a 12.5 with std spring for the better ride and not have it to stiff. Oh yea don't know if I will be compensated for my damage on the belt gaurd and bottom side of shock support that is all scratched up. Prog didn't do there homework!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I really want to lower my bike. ***I know in doing this (and using a CFR exhaust), it will hampen cornering to the right a little.***, but what's the best way to do it? I've seen 11" VROD shocks on ebay for about $100, and I talked to a guy in San Antonio (probably a member) who put Sportster shocks on his which dropped it about an inch. He was also able to lower his front end without a lowering kit (can't remember how he did it). Any thoughts on the best/proper way to lower my ride?
my advice is dont do it.i put 12" 440's on my dx and the first bumpy right hand bend i went round the rear of the frame hit the ground.if i had leant any more the back wheel would have lifted.took them straight off and onto ebay.iam also running cfr but have raised it on and half inches but still hitting ground when 2 up.am thinking of putting 13" heavy duty 440's on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts