Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experience with lowering the rear of a vrscr with standard shocks ? Apparently 13inch is too low to put on a vrscr.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Please do not lower your R. They were never designed for that low mean look. They are meant to be ridden. Also if lowered too much the swingarm will hit the tank I believe. I don't own an R but with all I have read,, stay stock height. Others way more knowledgeable then me will chime in I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Totally agree. The R is a different animal for a very specific reason. Moler is correct about the fuel tank problem. If you want the look of a std model then buy a std one. The R is going to be the collectable one in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,606 Posts
Yea, I got mine ! And looking for 1/4 " longer shocks ! Ainghelb dont forget if yo want to lower the rear just look at the shock preload setting - if it's on step 4 or 5 just back it off to step 2 or 3 that'll drop it about an inch 26 MM or so. It'll also make it steer like a pig unless you drop the triple clamps down on the fork legs about 20 MM. I'd just ride the bike & get used to it - I'm happy with the seat height on my R I'd never lower it - it's the best handling feature H-D built into the bike - other than the steering head / fork angle. Save The R's ! (y)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts