Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Those look like the same ones my self and smoOthrod ran......don't do it their JUNK.......You can send your stock ones to Skullman and you'll be better off.:deal:

·
Registered
203 Posts
When my shocks were broken I put temporary lowering shocks on (for one week). I do not know the reason but my bike started to wobble around 130 km/h. It never happened before and when I put the normal length shocks on it stopped again.

·
VRRRRRROD!
3,173 Posts
louballs said:
how much will sending it to skullman affect my ride. I ride two up a lot. Will it be bottoming out often?
I had a set done & told Skullman I was riding 2 up & what our total weight was. We rarely bottom out. He modded them pretty good for the cost, I think.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Damn thats cheap! Already have some HD ones and lets put it this way not a fan of them at all but I am waiting on air ride.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
ohioVROD said:
Damn thats cheap! Already have some HD ones and lets put it this way not a fan of them at all but I am waiting on air ride.
I've got over 20.000 miles on a set...:) and no problems

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
VrodG said:
I've got over 20.000 miles on a set...:) and no problems
Are we talking about the same shocks, I have HD aftermarket ones not skullmans lowered ones? I would go with skullmans for sure louballs.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
ohioVROD said:
Are we talking about the same shocks, I have HD aftermarket ones not skullmans lowered ones? I would go with skullmans for sure louballs.
Stock shorten shocks with a total of 45.000 miles about 20.000 since they where cut. Now I might be missing something seeing that I haven't ridden a bike with after market shocks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Cut shocks

Doesn't Skullman just cut spring and wack off some of the shaft then rethread? If this is the case why have Skullman do this? Anyone can do this mod. Pick up a tap and die set from Harbor Frieght for about $15. That's is how much I got mine for. Does the job.:hidesbeh:

·
SEVROD06
251 Posts
KCK_Fireman said:
I have heard Progressives 412' s are a nice ride and a lot cheaper than the 440' s. I believe they have them in a 12" also.
If your riding two up, the 412`s are extremely soft.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts