Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Day, I am interested in the lowering my vrod, however I do like to lean it over as much as possible. I regularly scrap my SE 16 gauge pipes as it is, if I lower my ride will this problem get worse? If anyone has their bike already lowered I would be most thankful for some input!!:notworthy Eric

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Lowering the bike will make the scraping worse unless you also increase the spring rate. Some here have used the 12" Progressive 440's with the heavy duty spring with success.

Bottom line, you really can't go lower if you don't want to scrape something.

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for thr input, I will give the lowering some thought...................Eric

·
Registered
16 Posts
2 other options are H-D Low Profile Shocks (by FOX) for a DYNA or BT Manufacturing (Very Cool & excellent function). Progressive shocks are always my first suggestion, but I found the 440's very harsh. I have the H-D shocks they're 1.5" lower than stock, they work great!, if I was buying today I would buy BT's. www.btmfg.com

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the lead on the "BT's" JTD824 , they are nice looking.........anyone have any real world exp. with them?

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
jtd824 said:
2 other options are H-D Low Profile Shocks (by FOX) for a DYNA or BT Manufacturing (Very Cool & excellent function). Progressive shocks are always my first suggestion, but I found the 440's very harsh. I have the H-D shocks they're 1.5" lower than stock, they work great!, if I was buying today I would buy BT's. www.btmfg.com
OK, but your cornering clearance will be substantially worst that stock! If you like cornering, DO NOT LOWER YOUR V-ROD! (IMHO).

John

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks John, I thought as much.............just wanted a little bit of validation..................lol Eric

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
I have the Progressive 440's on my bike and it does lower the bike nicely. I removed the dog's ass and put a 200 tire on the back so it really needed to be lowered (IMHO). I haven't done a lot of riding since I replaced the shocks, however what I have found so far is not much of a difference in terms of cornering. I truly believe it's because the springs are stiffer...again, just my opinion. Others may disagree.

Craig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts