Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some members have mentioned that the front suspension can be lowered by 1" by adjusting the tubes up the triple tree by 1". I would rather do this instead of spending the $ by purchasing a spring set and having a mechanic install them.

Any suggestion on how to start, tips or thing not to do? For example, if I loosen up the bolts on the triple tree will the front end drop immediately? Do I need a lift? Two people? Can I scratch the tubes? You see were I am heading? I have chosen to take up the advice of some forum members and start to get to know my bike and do some of the work myself.

Look what Frank is doing! He motivates me! Your help is greatly appreciated. :cool:

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Al, did this to mine last week. Took about 5 minutes tops. I had mine on the lift and then just loosened the bolts on the tree. Make sure you mark it somewhere so you know exactly how far you want to move them. The tighten back up. It didn't scratch anything at all. I have no clue how it feels on the road, it hasn't been out of the garage yet. I like the looks of it though, and I think it will be great with the shocks when they get back from Skullman. Good luck!! :thumb:

VROD AL said:
Some members have mentioned that the front suspension can be lowered by 1" by adjusting the tubes up the triple tree by 1". I would rather do this instead of spending the $ by purchasing a spring set and having a mechanic install them.

Any suggestion on how to start, tips or thing not to do? For example, if I loosen up the bolts on the triple tree will the front end drop immediately? Do I need a lift? Two people? Can I scratch the tubes? You see were I am heading? I have chosen to take up the advice of some forum members and start to get to know my bike and do some of the work myself.

Look what Frank is doing! He motivates me! Your help is greatly appreciated. :cool:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dan!

Dan said:
Al, did this to mine last week. Took about 5 minutes tops. I had mine on the lift and then just loosened the bolts on the tree. Make sure you mark it somewhere so you know exactly how far you want to move them. The tighten back up. It didn't scratch anything at all. I have no clue how it feels on the road, it hasn't been out of the garage yet. I like the looks of it though, and I think it will be great with the shocks when they get back from Skullman. Good luck!! :thumb:

Thank you for your response. After Daytona, I will be sending my shocks to Skullman. How many inches did you drop on the front and the rear? :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts