Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i waslooking into lowering my d. checked with the dealer they have shocks a inch lower, and said this will be fine without messing with thr front. anybody lowered their d and whay would you recommend.
thanks

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
I put 12" shocks on the rear of mine to lower it and love it, didn't lower the front though. I like it sitting up in the front.

·
Registered
146 Posts
12.5 440 progressives left the front alone. i really like the stance.

·
Lifetime Member
5,212 Posts
06D, lowered with 11.5 inch shocks and slid the fork tubes up about 7/8ths through the trees. Check my gallery.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
I used the Harley lowering shocks on the rear and didnt touch the front. Rides pretty damn good and I like the look.

·
Banned
868 Posts
metallica0099 said:
I used the Harley lowering shocks on the rear and didnt touch the front. Rides pretty damn good and I like the look.
I did the same. I just wish they had black springs like the originals.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
danasmith69 said:
I thought that at first but the they kinda grew on me after about 2 minutes.:D

·
Registered
257 Posts
I want to lower mine too but I like the black coils. Can I get the stock ones cut? Nothing looks bader then a low riding D.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't see how you guys can lower a bike that is pretty low to begin with. I have scraped the bottom taking nice leisurely rides and just noticed a small scrape on the bottom of the shielding. Anyhow, have a good ride and be safe.

Yes...I have checked my tire pressure and everything is in order. :)

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
I lowered mine by ONLY 1/2 an inch..... an now every time I want to put the bike on the lift, I need to get the front tire on a piece of wood first. :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Has anybody had issues with the shift linkage on the mid controls after lowering the bike? Until I got used to my bike,my foot would scrape the ground if it was under the shifter. I would have thought the mid controls would scrape bad if it was lowerd an inch or more.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
danasmith69 said:
Take a look at Works Performance -- you can get them with black springs (and appearance cups if you like) -- check out my gallery. Mine are 12" Street Trackers and I love them (front is standard length Progressives).

Take care. cw

1 - 16 of 16 Posts