Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
lurch on two wheels
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering who all has the Rinehart 2-1 and is lowered? I'd like to take a look at some pics. Also wondering if since you lowered and therefore lost a little bit of lean angle, if you were able to scrape the pipe, or...

I'm still trying to decide about this lowering bit. I like the idea, but don't want to lose too much lean angle, and I plan on doing some sort of extended reach peg setup at some point as well. Not sure these mods are would be very complimenting of each other.

Opinions?

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
:cupcake :coff: :popcorn

·
lurch on two wheels
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't tell me all us Rinehart owners are sitting around waiting for someone else to be the first to lower?

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
Well... I am lowered and have a Rinehart. However, I have not installed the brand new mess yet as I am waiting for a new one. Can you believe it takes a warranty claim 7 times the length of time then it does to order a new one.

I will post pics with it if I get a new one and with my air ride slammed.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Would any of you Rinehart owners have a set of header pipes to sell? Please let me know..Thanks, Joe

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I don't have any good pics yet,but haven't scaped yet .Even with the air ride down.Sits higher and sounds WAY better then my CFR

·
Bone Stock B Model
8,639 Posts
How is this for low? J/K I dont ride it that low, but I do ride pretty damn low and have never scraped the pipe.

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
I am running 12" shocks on the rear and standard length Progressive springs on the front. There are a few pics in my gallery. My Rinehart's never scraped the pavement. Drag the pegs ever now and then, but never the pipe. See ya. cw

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
I plan on going 12 in rear shocks and lower the front an inch. I don't believe I will have any problem.

·
Chief
1,272 Posts
Lowered and Piped

I've lowered my 03 A model with 12" progressive 440's in the rear and progressive lowering springs in the front. I also have the Rhinehart 2to1 pipe on the bike. I am very satisfied with both the pipe and the lowering of the bike. I have not had any problems with scraping the pipe yet. The only thing that occasionally hits is the frame if your not careful going over speed bumps etc... Go for the upgrade, you will not be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
258C1 said:
I've lowered my 03 A model with 12" progressive 440's in the rear and progressive lowering springs in the front. I also have the Rhinehart 2to1 pipe on the bike. I am very satisfied with both the pipe and the lowering of the bike. I have not had any problems with scraping the pipe yet. The only thing that occasionally hits is the frame if your not careful going over speed bumps etc... Go for the upgrade, you will not be disappointed.

Do you have any pics of your bike?

·
lurch on two wheels
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Drop me baby!

smoothrod said:
How is this for low? J/K I dont ride it that low, but I do ride pretty damn low and have never scraped the pipe.
You've got some nice pics and I have to admit, I'm liking the look of the chromed buell wheel up front.

I've been wanting to swap the fork springs since I want to do a fuel swap anyway, and doing the debate on stock height or lowered. I'd have to say with the comments and pics so far, I'm leaning toward lowered!

-jt

·
Registered
225 Posts
Man, that Rinehart looks good! Just wondering is the noise bearable? I have heard the horror stories about guys using ear plugs, having ringing in their ears after a short ride, etc.

Roger

·
lurch on two wheels
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love the sound of the Rinehart, it's not as loud as an airhead running Rineharts or V&Hs, at least at cruising speeds, but it's plenty loud when you wind it...

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
smoothrod said:

That's because you never turn. :stilpoke:

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
Mine is lowered to 11.25", and if I am running it all the way down on the twistys, it will rub. I have rubbed it once so far. If I plan to run the twisties, I just add air. :)) Pics are in my gallery.

·
Alretired
126 Posts
I am running 11.5" Smooth Rides with my Rinehart 2-1 and haven't scraped yet. There are pictures in my gallery.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts