Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you that have lowered your V Rod, shortened, bent or changed your jiffy stand ???

My bike went over on it's side today, after sitting in the dealer's parking lot undisturbed for 45 min. It was a pretty windy day, and I parked it facing down a very slight grade.

The bike has been lowered about 1-1/2" front & rear, and I'm wondering if the jiffy stand needs to be shorter (or bent slightly) to allow for the lowering.

Damage was amazingly light, EXCEPT for a "turn signal sized" dent in the airbox cover.

Any ideas ???

Thanks,

EE

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Both of my Bikes are SLAMMED and I run stock Jiffies"Chrome"no Mods!You Just FU(KED UP!If the stand is not set"Locked" and your on a incline/deline it's going Over!$hit happens just be More Careful next time! :slap: ;)

·
Big Daddy!
975 Posts
Come on Kaz, theres no need to pull your punches here.............we are all friends :stilpoke: :angeldev: :laugh: :ride: :hyper: :spank: :lick: :slap: :hidesbeh:

·
VROOOOOMMM!!!
763 Posts
EEROD said:
Have any of you that have lowered your V Rod, shortened, bent or changed your jiffy stand ???

My bike went over on it's side today, after sitting in the dealer's parking lot undisturbed for 45 min. It was a pretty windy day, and I parked it facing down a very slight grade.

The bike has been lowered about 1-1/2" front & rear, and I'm wondering if the jiffy stand needs to be shorter (or bent slightly) to allow for the lowering.

Damage was amazingly light, EXCEPT for a "turn signal sized" dent in the airbox cover.

Any ideas ???

Thanks,

EE

relocate the turn signals????

·
Hooligan
416 Posts
I lowered my rear an inch (kept the front stock, it still looks good), and use the stock kickstand (yes, I too don't like to call it a "jiffy").
I learned from those old geezers with big heavy bikes to always park your bike facing uphill, so you can back out without help from the old lady. :goof:

·
Registered
47 Posts
EEROD said:

EE
May be you shouldn't have parked the bike facing downwards on an incline.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts