Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So again, thanks to everyone over the last couple of years who helped me get the VRSCR up to the point it is.... Now that riding season is with us I would like to hear from anyone who lowered the front forks as shown in my photo attachment.

1. So I lowered the front forks ~ 1" or less, because the Works Suspension rear shocks lowered the bike ~ 0.75" so I could get swingarm clearance for the Rinehart exhaust. (See photo).

2. The forks were redone for my stealth-like weight of ~ 150 pounds, and they work great as far as fork travel and smooth ride over highway, etc.

3. Now I notice once in awhile, like going slow over speed bumps in a parking lot, the fender brace is hitting the lower triple tree.

Yeah, yeah, I know this might have been expected since the spring is now set up for a lot lighter load than stock, but jeez, it's that darn close ?!? I guess I can lower them probably 1/4" and it'll probably solve the problem but I have a couple questions....

1. Anybody else dealt with this issue,...and

2. Now that I don't have the fork caps on anymore has anybody come up with a nice cover to go over the fork caps? I was thinking about buying a hex plug or something and having a machine shop make a nice VRSCR logo on it, or ????

Cheers, and enjoy your summer "R" riders!

John:notworth::broke::moped:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Long time ago I asked Pondo if he could make some covers with VROD logo. He wrote back several times but never delivered, so I will have some locally made

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Long time ago I asked Pondo if he could make some covers with VROD logo. He wrote back several times but never delivered, so I will have some locally made
Let me know what they will look like as I'd probably want to go in with you on a pair.

John

·
pronounced "shane"
449 Posts
try pondo again, he was busy and put his caps hobby to the side for a while, i think he is back at it again
I'm in for a black pair if Pondo will do it.

·
pronounced "shane"
449 Posts

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did Pondo ever make fork caps for the "R" ? Wonder what they looked like....

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.