Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my low profile shocks and i like the look of my stock shocks better (07 aw). i was wondering if it is possible to take the smaller spring out of the low profile shocks and put them on my stock shocks, would this lower the length of the shock to that of the low profile shock? Could I cut the stock spring down to that of the low profile shock and get the low profile shock length out of my stock shock..I just hate the black center in the low profile shock..how do you get the shock apart to get at the spring..Thanks for the help.

·
Dominus Violatus
208 Posts
yzf1999 said:
I just got my low profile shocks and i like the look of my stock shocks better (07 aw). i was wondering if it is possible to take the smaller spring out of the low profile shocks and put them on my stock shocks, would this lower the length of the shock to that of the low profile shock? Could I cut the stock spring down to that of the low profile shock and get the low profile shock length out of my stock shock..I just hate the black center in the low profile shock..how do you get the shock apart to get at the spring..Thanks for the help.
I had the same question and after a little searching I found the link to Skullman Online. I have the HD low profiles on right now and just shipped my stock shocks to Skullman for modding. I even got the spings swapped to black. http://www.skullmanonline.com/mb-shocks.html

Hope this helps!

Kevin

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
K2D said:
I had the same question and after a little searching I found the link to Skullman Online. I have the HD low profiles on right now and just shipped my stock shocks to Skullman for modding. I even got the spings swapped to black. http://www.skullmanonline.com/mb-shocks.html

Hope this helps!

Kevin

Thanks Kevin, that helped alot because thats exactly what I did...I'm having them cut to 12''.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts