Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Billy
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the CFR pipe on my last V and with no baffle I called it an ear bleeder. I would probably rate it an 8.5 to a 9 on the loudness scale with 10 the highest (only because I probably have never heard the loudest pipes available). I then heard a set of Bubs w/o baffles and would rate them about the same. How do the V&H powershots rate on that scale w/o any baffles. I made my own cone baffle for the CFR and found the pipe loudness very tolerable.

·
Billy
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump. Hasn't anyone had or heard both the CFR and Powershots that can give me an idea about what to expect. I have made a deal on my next Vrod and I am flying out next Friday to ride it home (a 9 hour ride) and it has powershots . just trying to get a feel for what to expect.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
there's a shite load of videos on youtube for the powershots
I've riden behind and next to a SE with a baffled CFR and non-baffled CFR, and have riden with a V with the powershots.
The CFR with or without the baffle is still by far louder than the powershots IMHO. The CFR without a baffle was so loud that annoyed me to ride behind the guy and I was wearing a FF helmet and earplugs.

·
Billy
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there's a shite load of videos on youtube for the powershots
I've riden behind and next to a SE with a baffled CFR and non-baffled CFR, and have riden with a V with the powershots.
The CFR with or without the baffle is still by far louder than the powershots IMHO. The CFR without a baffle was so loud that annoyed me to ride behind the guy and I was wearing a FF helmet and earplugs.
Thanks, that is just what I am looking for. A friend of mine rode behind me for about an hour with the CFR w/o baffle and he finally said he couldn't take it any more and took off. I know how loud the CFR is and I found a video on you-tube 10 mins ago and if it is a true representation of the sound it is much quieter than the CFR which is what I was hoping to hear. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
976 Posts
My Rinehart was not street able without baffling . Even at low RPM it was to loud for casual cruising.

·
Billy
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mommas Boy will tell you all about the Bub Jug Huggers...

;)
Man, they fired up an 04 at the dealership last year and the sound was awesome but it kind of fell in line with somewhere that is a nice place to visit but you don't want to stay there. They should be sold with a free haering aid appointment 5 years down the line. Too bad there is not a simpler way to adjust the sound for play'n and riding. But I can say that when that bike was started people started coming up from everywhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.