Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to see Roger Waters last night (good show!) in Darien NY. After the concert I walked out and saw that someone had parked a sweet-looking annodized anniversary next to my D - the guy was just getting ready to leave. His bike had Sampson Short Slashers... DAMN!!!! Those are some LOUD pipes! Sounded real sweet, though - loud and mean. A little too much for me - not to mention my neighborhood, but it was the most powerful-sounding bike leaving a lot full of airheads and customs. Have to admit, I felt well-represented (though my D&Ds couldn't barely be heard over his pipes) People definitely knew we were coming as he cleared a path out of the lot - which was a good thing, since I wound up racing some nasty thunderstorms for the 50+ miles home.

Anyone looking for LOUD pipes (and not caring about losing some power) might consider these - I know they were pretty popular in earlier model years. Better live in the boonies and be on great terms with the local LE, though. Not exactly stealthy.

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
O.K. I'm a little jealous that I missed that show. I'm talking Roger Waters that is. I'm not one for loud pipes but loud music is O.K.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I've thought many times of changing my exhaust because of how loud them suckers are, I've got the street sweepers. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hamletexpress said:
O.K. I'm a little jealous that I missed that show. I'm talking Roger Waters that is. I'm not one for loud pipes but loud music is O.K.
I like loud pipes fine - just not that loud on my bike or in my neighborhood. First chance I've had to hear the Samsons in person.

Show was great - played two sets - about three hours. Almost entirely vintage Floyd. Band was tight. Great projections on a screen behind the stage, some pyro, floated a spaceman and some other stuff on wires over the crowd and the giant Pig Balloon during Pigs. Second set did the whole Dark Side of the Moon album. Encore was Another Brick in the Wall and closed with a moving version of Bring the Boys Back Home.

Ran home racing the rain, getting only slightly wet and catching an amazing light show in the clouds. Dodged T-Storms the whole way.

·
Genesis1130cc
1,824 Posts
Yeah, sounds like the concerts light show followed you home. I never got to see Floyd play or Roger Waters but I did see David Gilmore front row play back in 1985 in Bethlehem PA. My best friends Mom worked at the book store at Lehigh U and anytime concert tickets went on sale she would nab ours early so we always saw shows in the 1-5 rows. What a perk! We got there early and partied in the conversion van a little when we saw some folkes throwing frisbee in the field we were parked so we joined them. It was the band! David finally walked off his tour bus and one of his guys threw him the disc, he threw it to one of my buddies and went into the arena. Really cool! The sax player was right in front of us on stage and recognized us from earlier. It was such a mellow show pretty much everyone stayed seated for it and when they came out for the encore (money) the sax player motioned for us to get up and we rushed the stage and after that people were crawling over the seats to get up front. I think David got a kick out of it because he played an especially long encore for the fans. I will always be a big fan of that band and the members of the band.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts