Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after riding up to the lake with some friends, we finally get back home and are out riding around town. We stop somewhere to get something to drink and I put my kickstand down. I here a *snap* and a boing. I am startled because I just leaned the bike down onto the kickstand. Quick glance doesn't show anything wrong. I right my bike and put the kickstand back up, it doesn't stay! So, I put it back on the stand and get off and look closer... Sure enough the end of the kickstand spring broke! Couldn't find the part that broke off, and since these lovely bikes don't come with a tool kit. was unable to bend the spring to make a 'new' end to hook back on. Ended up rigging it to where it will hold for a day or 2. Now I've got another warrenty repair pending with my dealership. This makes 6 counting the safety recall on the heat shields. Man, I've only had this damned bike for what? 6 months?! Alright enough of my bitching! Back to work now.

-Bill

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
If you rode the bike, then that spring wouldn't be stretched all the time while it's on the side stand. :stilpoke:

·
Registered
259 Posts
DX safety recalls

Interesting, that you mention safety recalls, and that you have had six warranty calss so far.
Could you share your list with the rest of us so we can be aware ?

By the way, I solved the tool bag problem!
having two young sons that also like to come out on the back of my DX I added
a mid sized sissy bar. it doesn't look to bad. But anyway, I utilised the two screws that hold the pad on, to go through my tool role. It looks clean
and gives me somewhere to put a small tool set, and carry my chain lock for aded parking security, and a few bungy cords in case I need carry something.
(like my jacket if it ever gets warm !)

Rob.

·
Where's Max?
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rjrivero said:
If you rode the bike, then that spring wouldn't be stretched all the time while it's on the side stand. :stilpoke:
Only got 5800 miles on it... geeeze! hehehe, And the spring is under stress when the kickstand is up too..

As for the list of problems:

1: front end clunk
2: front end clunk again
3: front cam cover oil leak
4: front cam cover oil leak again
5: heat shield recall
6: kickstand spring

but I love the bike so THERE!

-Bill

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
I am willing to bet that your bike cannot accomadate a tool big enough to bend the tip of that spring, even if it had a tool kit and storage place... :stilpoke:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I had the same thing happen on my street bob like a month ago!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts