Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm getting ready to go for a ride and I decide to check the oil frat bc I have been burning about a qt every 1k miles ad when j look sown to grab the dip stick I see a bolt which u think would be considered a valve cover bolt ? And it has backed itself all the way out and is just resting in the hole so I loctite it and out it back in. Is there some residual problems I should look for idk how long this has been loose

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could the loose bolt cause internal problems by not letting a gasket seal or somthing like that ?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Why you go threw oil mine I have the same amount of oil when i change it as when i fill it? is this normal on the newer vrods maybe to consume oil??? wtf....

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I have no idea what you guys are saying in this thread due to poor sentence structure.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Haha I just re read my post, it makes NO sense! Hooked on the phonics! What I meant to ask is, why is your bike consuming oil?

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
Haha I just re read my post, it makes NO sense! Hooked on the phonics! What I meant to ask is, why is your bike consuming oil?
not uncommon for any new V-Rod to use oil until it's broke in....... one thing you should not do is break it in as per the manual {basically tells you to ride it like a pu$$y}....bottom line is ride it like you stole it for the first 3000 - 5000 miles......these things need to rev to seat those rings.........

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts
Shit vibrates.....shit loosens. Makes you keep up with maintence as some may call it. I was always checkin for loose bolts

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
Have your nuts checked too from time tot time... keeps the pressure off :lick:...

long time no see scham...

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
So I'm getting ready to go for a ride and I decide to check the oil frat bc I have been burning about a qt every 1k miles ad when j look sown to grab the dip stick I see a bolt which u think would be considered a valve cover bolt ? And it has backed itself all the way out and is just resting in the hole so I loctite it and out it back in. Is there some residual problems I should look for idk how long this has been loose
Why you go threw oil mine I have the same amount of oil when i change it as when i fill it? is this normal on the newer vrods maybe to consume oil??? wtf....
LOL :stooge:

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,380 Posts
Pictures of what you are talking about would make more sense than the post. Bolts should not loosen up if they are properly torqued, particularly engine bolts. Sounds like a stripped bolt syndrome to me.
I check all the critical fasteners at every service interval and have never found a loose one.

I have no idea what you guys are saying in this thread due to poor sentence structure.
I echo them sentiments also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts