Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,
My Name is Mark. I currently own A Rice Burner but anxious about purchasing a V-rod. I've been reading alot of the advise and information the the forum has. It seems like a cool place to get educated while meeting great people.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
:vrodforu:

Enjoy the great people and Info.

·
Full Speed Realtor
271 Posts
Welcome, Bugdude. I'm in a similar boat, switching from a Ducati to a V-rod. This is a great forum, the others in here have given me some good input. V-rod owners are fiercely loyal to their machines - so I think we're making the right choice.

If you have yet to ride a V-rod, I'd recommend renting one from your local H-D dealer. I had one for 24hrs in Hawaii last month and it was the time of my life.

·
Registered
257 Posts
:vrodforu:

·
The Instigator!
2,226 Posts
Welcome....

Mark welcome (I'm new too)...

I live in Jersey and it was 22 degrees this morning on my ride to work.

People always ask if I "rode" today - I just say "why wouldn't I want to ride, if you had that bike you would too!!!" Besides the wind chill at 22 degrees doing 80mph is very refreshing...

Regards, Brad (Vrod1958) :laugh:

·
Registered
13 Posts
bugdude said:
HI All,
My Name is Mark. I currently own A Rice Burner but anxious about purchasing a V-rod. I've been reading alot of the advise and information the the forum has. It seems like a cool place to get educated while meeting great people.
Mark: believe me the VROD is the best bike I've ever owned. I have an 03 Anniv Black/Silver and just bought my wife an 04 Gold/Black. Don't let anybody tell you they are not touring bikes. I went to Sturgis. SD and back last year 3990 miles and Daytona and back this year 1690 miles and the bike is incredible on the highway. Feel free to email me if you have any questions about the bike or performance issues. Roy Rogers-Mississippi

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Welcome bugdude... nice nickname ;)
I came from a Kawasaki 750, and sometimes I miss her because of the good times we had, but I would not go back. Had to take the day off yesterday for a Dr appt that got cancelled. Darn! Had to ride there and back. First time I have hit the rev limit in 2nd... I know I am in love!!!!!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hi.. welcome.... southeast michigan here...

good luck with getting a v rod.... this is a great place to hang out... most guys really know their stuff.. I am not nessesarily one of them.

I'm intrested to know if you're looking at new or used bikes... and NO.. I'm not trying to sell you one.... there seems to be tremendous interest around here at lining the stealers pockets with our money... just curious

take care

·
Registered
715 Posts
Welcome Bugdude

I stoped short of buying a Ducati, here in Germany your exposed to allot of cutting edge mods on bikes and had my mind set. Until I saw her and then using google found this site both have been worth the time and money. :vrodforu:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts