Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 VRSCA Anniversary
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

I'm a new VRSCA owner and I'd like to get into a 2:1 exhaust for my bike. The problem is, availability.
I've found "Supertrapp V-5 2:1 Full Exhaust VRSCA 03-06" on eBay that is at least in stock. However I was really banging for a Bassani in black. Or something blacky.
So what I'm getting at, is, I have tools and a welder, pretty much a small gunsmithing workshop but nothing for bending pipes. Are there any other models of V Rod that can fit onto the VRSCA with a little persuading?

And does anyone have the trapp V5s to give a testament on it? Loudness, power, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Bassani's available for early V Rods all day long on e bay they're the earlier Road Rage pipes not the B1 pipe - but a great deal at like $ 675.00 - $ 775.00 (y):cool:

·
Registered
2003 VRSCA Anniversary
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Bassani's available for early V Rods all day long on e bay they're the earlier Road Rage pipes not the B1 pipe - but a great deal at like $ 675.00 - $ 775.00 (y):cool:
There must be some cross compatibility I'm missing, all I've found is one that's a shiny short beat and scratched all to heck.
Will 07+ fit on an 03?
Looking at the 1V11J(B) from Bassani.

Edit: a number

·
Registered
2003 VRSCA Anniversary
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suppose the chrome will work, thanks. Nothing a little paint can't fix.

The black on Bassani's site are out of stock, I'd already messaged Jeremy there and he said they're completely discontinued.
Most later exhausts will fit with a little bit of work. Mounting to the heads is the same, but you may have to fabricate your own mounting bracket at the rear as the bracket mounts changed over years.
If it's just a mounting brackets on the end that shouldn't be too hard to modify if it's not ridiculous. Any knowledge on how much of a change it is?

Does anyone have any opinions on the supertrapps, still?

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Manswaggle - I owned a 2003 Anniversary like yours - the H-D OEM exhaust bracket with slider bar and rubber mounts works perfect to hang some aftermarket exhausts - I actually bought a new one off e bay for my R Model to mount a BUB 7 2-1 exhaust and after custom drilling the mount holes it worked perfect, so the OEM mount on your bike may mount up a Bassani with an additional hole drilled in the slider. If not the flat bracket Bassani provides can be drilled to fit, and spacers installed if needed. The SuperTrapp 2-1 slip on is an excellent choice, puts out great power and can be tuned for backpressure and sound quality plus you retain the stock head pipes so overall no additional heat on your inner right leg from the rear pipe going over the clutch cover - downside possibly looks, exhaust exits 90 degrees around discs, not as much with an open end cap but those are $ 100 more. :confused: (y):cool:

·
Registered
2003 VRSCA Anniversary
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I ended up buying the 2:1 chrome off Dennis Kirk, see how it goes. Get ready to buy up an autotune for my power vision and have a little fun with that.
Thanks everyone! 🏍

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
I've got the chrome Bub7 2-1 and get a lot of compliments on it, I also couldn't get Black mine was a leftover from the prior factory that made them so beggars can't be choosers but I've been happy with it. I'm setting up to go to a dual exhaust next probably with bare thin stainless reverse megaphone mufflers for lighter weight - (y):cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings all,

I'm a new VRSCA owner and I'd like to get into a 2:1 exhaust for my bike. The problem is, availability.
I've found "Supertrapp V-5 2:1 Full Exhaust VRSCA 03-06" on eBay that is at least in stock. However I was really banging for a Bassani in black. Or something blacky.
So what I'm getting at, is, I have tools and a welder, pretty much a small gunsmithing workshop but nothing for bending pipes. Are there any other models of V Rod that can fit onto the VRSCA with a little persuading?

And does anyone have the trapp V5s to give a testament on it? Loudness, power, etc.
Don’t have trapps but I put a set of Vance and Hines competition 2:1 pipes on my ‘15’ VRSCF and they come in black ceramic coat, and fit my bike without removing the passenger foot pegs. A little Spendy but I like the sound and performance. Just a little FYI.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greetings all,

Rinehart 2 into one on my 100th anniversary VRSCA

·
Registered
11 Posts
When I got my '04 it came with Screamin' Eagle slip-ons that had been cored out. Thing was so annoyingly loud it was damaging what's left of my hearing. I bought a Supertrapp and I'm very happy with it. It weighs less, and ground clearance is improved. When I first installed the Supertrapp, there was a mid-range flat spot - too bottled up. With all discs in place the flat spot is minimized without being uncomfortably loud. IMHO, it looks way better than the old Iggles.

Old Screamin' Iggles:

Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

New Supertrapp:

Tire Fuel tank Land vehicle Wheel Automotive fuel system

1 - 12 of 12 Posts