Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Would any of you guys know where or have a Smart Security System Part Number 91684-08A I can get my hands on for less then what HD dealer is asking for? I'm looking to get it for my 2012 HD Vrod Muscle. Every time I do a search and ebay pops up with it being for sale, the sale has ended.
Thanks,
Mark.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,227 Posts
If you're talking the "Smart Siren II" that installs under the pillion, be aware that it draws a *continuous* ~100mA from the battery.

So, if you have one, you'd best be served by keeping the bike on a tender if you're not riding for more than a few days/week.

Voice of experience and all that.

R.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello there Rod and freedomhd! I'm referring to the security system where I have the fob in my pocket and can park the bike and walk away and the bike wont start. Like freedomhd said.

But I'm looking for the whole thing, the fobs and the module, so they should be keyed together already.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Hello there Rod and freedomhd! I'm referring to the security system where I have the fob in my pocket and can park the bike and walk away and the bike wont start. Like freedomhd said.

But I'm looking for the whole thing, the fobs and the module, so they should be keyed together already.
An HD smart security system for a domestic VRSCF is P/N 91684-08A.

This comes with a hands-free security module (HFSM), two hands-free fobs, antenna module, and antenna harness.

As already posted, you'll need to go to a Harley dealer to activate the system. The fobs have serial numbers that need to be transmitted to the HFSM and this can only be done using the Harley Digital Technician software.

There's also a password learn procedure required so the HFSM can communicate with the ECM. This procedure can be performed much quicker with the DT software compared to the on-bike procedure using the turn signal switches.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should try Surdyke HD. I got my alarm and siren from them at a much better price than what my local HD dealer offered it for. Either way they have to initiate it for you. The price of labor does not change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.